Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

LFD201 Question 38.2

The question states "Showing which files have changed between two branches can be done with (Select all answers that apply):"

The possible answers are:
A. git diff --numstat br1 br2
B. git diff --stat br1 br2
C. git diff --show br1 br2
D. git diff --pretty br1 br2

Correct answers are A, B and D, however D equates to wrong, yet the git diff --pretty command is valid and shows the which files have changed between two branches. The screenshot below shows the result of git diff --pretty stable main, where stable and main, in my case, equivalate with br1 and br2, in the test.

Comments

• coop
    coop Posts: 915

Thank you, you are indeed correct. This is an error in the grading and will be fixed. The "pretty" answer is indeed "pretty" :wink:

• mstepien
    mstepien Posts: 410

This question has been fixed. Thank you.

• aimcorp
    aimcorp Posts: 17
    edited October 2021

@coop & @mstepien

Before posting another Discussion on a different question, I thought I would ask here, instead.

I can't seem to access any of the previously completed courses. Until last week, I could.
    I simply want to review some of them, before the final Engineer LFCE exam, but can't seem to go back to the course material.

I also wanted to raise another discussion on a different question in the LFD201 course, that I did not have time to post last week, but being unable to access the course, makes this impossible.

I'm unsure if that one is a bug, like the others, or is a genuinely "It may be wrong, but it seems to work" type deal.

It was regarding the use of git-archive and one of the quiz options seemed to be incorrect, as I was using that and would actually create an archive of the whole repository.

I'm hoping you can help me with accessing the old course material.

LE: The main site even confirms I should be able to access the courses for the whole 12 months:

But I can't click on any of the top options and the Certificates of Completion sections, only allows me to see my certificates:

• aimcorp

• coop

It was regarding the use of git-archive and one of the quiz options seemed to be incorrect, as I was using that and would actually create an archive of the whole repository.

It always creates an archive of the whole repo working tree files according to the checkpoint used. Not a clone of the repo including other branches, .git/* files etc.

As far as content questions go this is the place to ask !

As far as why you are having access questions mstepien or someone else on that end can help, but I'm sure you can access for a full year whether or not you completed the course, if things are working right.

• mstepien

Hi @aimcorp,

We are sorry for the inconvenience experienced. Please open a ticket at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org.

Thank you,
    Magda
    The Linux Foundation Training Team

• aimcorp

@coop I can't remember the exact commands from the quizz, but one of them, according to the quiz was wrong, yet it was working fine, as I had used diff on the tree structure and there was no output, so the contents were precisely the same.

I may have been doing something wrong though, which is why I need some expert advice.

Once I can access the course again, I'll open another topic.

Which leads me to..

@mstepien Thank you, Magda. Will do.

Appreciate all the guidance and support so far.

• aimcorp

@mstepien

It's back..

Weird, but in a good way, I guess.

• mstepien

Hi @aimcorp,

You are welcome! Glad to hear the portal is now working properly.

Best regards,
    Magda

• aimcorp

@coop

Regarding my other question.

We have Question 40.2

To make a compressed tarball of the most current version of your repository, do:

A. git archive HEAD > myproject.tar.gz
    B. git archive HEAD | gzip > myproject.tar.gz
    C. git archive | gzip > myproject.tar.gz

Answer A was marked as incorrect, but for some reason, I am seeing both methods working.

Am I doing something wrong?

• coop

your first answer is not compressed, it is just a tar file. do file backup.tar* and ls -l backup.tar* and you will see the difference.

Categories

Upcoming Training