Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Introductions

Good morning Luis and everyone.

My name is Kanjoo and I am new to Linux and open source. I have been looking into tech now since the first course I took, in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, back in October 2017. Since then, I have been slowly exploring web technologies and it's until I tried Nodejs that this whole new world of Linux and open source opened up. I am exited about this bootcamp and would like to make a success of it - but first need to get the VMWare installation done ;) .

Looking forward to getting acquainted with you all,

Comments

• Good morning Kanjoo, welcome to the Cloud Engineer Bootcamp! I hope we can meet at the Office Hours :)

Many regards,
    Luis.

• Hello to everyone.

I have Applied as well for a Cloud Engineer Bootcamp. So far I am reading well prepared documentation and I see that there are a lot of new things that I have to learn. I already have some Linux experience, but since I was learning without courses and instructors I am aware that there are many holes in my knowledge. I think this courses will help me to to fill gaps that I have. So far there is no need for me to attend Office Hours, but I don't know how can I join this meetings in case that I need some additional explanations?
    I would also like to know some technical details about LFCS exam:
    1. Is Terminal autocomplete using tab available during exam?
    2. Are we connected with putty on some remote server or we are using browser only? (sometime browsers can have bugs)

Many thanks,
    Marko

• Hi Marko, welcome to the Cloud Engineer Bootcamp!

You should have received a welcome letter. Look for an email with subject "Welcome to the Linux Foundation Cloud Engineer Bootcamp". If you don't have it, please open a ticket at trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org and ask for the information.

Regards,
    Luis.

• @luisviveropena

Dear Luis,

This email is missing, it is not in spam either.
    I have opened a ticket as per your kind suggestion.

Thank you very much and see you soon at office hours.

Regards,
    Marko

• Hi Marko, it's a pleasure!

Regards,
    Luis.

• Good Night Mr. luisviveropena and all,

I am sorry I am late join, caused I have an email last night...
    My name is Rian Indrawan from Indonesia (GMT+7)...
    I am beginner of LInux and want to know about Linux especially for cloud computing, microservices...
    My question :

1. Cause my time is GMT+7 (11.00 pm - 01:00 am) : Must I am always join this mentoring online class ??
    2. Is there any recording learning for self pace from you?
    3. Is LFCS is practical test or written (multiple choice) one?
    4. Have you a cheatsheet about this exam?

I am very pleasure to join this Bootcamp and hope can gain any learn about Linux, devops and microservices...

Thank You...

Rian Indrawan

• Hi Team,
    I'm Arun Pal from India(GMT+5.30). I am currently working as DevOps Engineer and through this Bootcamp, I'm planning to improve my career and knowledge.

I just wanted to know is there any community channel on slack, discord, or telegram?

• Hi @forzadejan, welcome to the forum!

Cause my time is GMT+7 (11.00 pm - 01:00 am) : Must I am always join this mentoring online class ??

The Office Hours are optional; the idea is that you can join them for the course you are currently taking. They can be very useful for clarifying ideas and making questions.

Is there any recording learning for self pace from you?

When there are recordings of the Office Hours, they are kept for 24 hours, so you have that time window to access it.

Is LFCS is practical test or written (multiple choice) one?

Please take a look to the Certification FAQ:

https://training.linuxfoundation.org/about/faqs/certification-faq/

==> What is the format for the exam?

Have you a cheatsheet about this exam?

You can take a look to the Certification Preparation Guide:

https://training.linuxfoundation.org/resources/publications/certification-preparation-guide/

I hope that helps :)

Regards,
    Luis.

• Hi @palarun, welcome to the Cloud Engineer Bootcamp!

I just wanted to know is there any community channel on slack, discord, or telegram?

Nop, we are putting the focus in the forum, because this way other students can find useful information about the labs, perhaps issues or questions that other students have asked before.

Many regards,
    Luis.

• Thank you Luis, nice to e-meet you in zoom :-)

• Hi Susanto, it was a pleasure to talk to you!

Regards,
    Luis.

• Hi Everyone,

My name is Muhammad, I am in currently in Texas US. This is my very first exposure to Linux, I have always worked in the business side of things, and now looking to gain knowledge, experience and exposure to IT. It all seems intimidating, hope the support structure will help to make it easier

• Mi Muhammad, for sure it will be very interesting! Please keep in mind that we have the Office Hours, in case you have questions and/or want to discuss some topics.

Many regards,
    Luis.

• Hello Everyone

My name is Benja. I have always been interested in linux and the idea of open source. I paid for the cloud boot camp during the cyber Monday deal. I'm just now getting started. I switched careers during the pandemic to IT and hope to become a cloud system administrator.

• Hi Benja, welcome to the Cloud Engineer Bootcamp! We have Office Hours and also you can make use of the forums.

Regards,
    Luis.

Categories

Upcoming Training