Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 2.2 Error during cp install script

Seem to be encountering an error when running the installation script for control plane:

at the end, the output reads:

"The connection to the server localhost:8080 was refused - did you specify the right host or port?"

Inspecting cp.out doesn't seem to show the expected results (token info, etc) to continue through to the next part of the lab, and trying to run 'sudo kubeadm init' seems to result in an error still.

Looking briefly over the logs, it seems as though these lines may be notable:

"Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
buildah : Depends: crun (>= 100:0.17-4) but it is not going to be installed
podman : Depends: crun (>= 100:0.17-4) but it is not going to be installed
Recommends: fuse-overlayfs but it is not installable"

I'm using a VM instance on GCP, specs are 'n1-standard-2 (2 vCPUs, 7.5 GB memory)'

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Hi @odillman,

Running the init command again harms more than it helps. The recommendation is to run a kubeadm reset prior to running init again, to cleanup all the system configuration generated by the init process.

What OS distribution is running on your GCE VM? While provisioning the instance, did you happen to follow the Lab Set Up video from Chapter 1?

Prior to executing the script, how did you create the k8scp.sh file? We have seen issues reported when the content of this file was selected and copied from the PDF lab guide.

Regards,
    -Chris

• odillman
    odillman Posts: 2
    edited September 2021

@chrispokorni ,

Thanks for the help! In looking to answer your question, I went back through the set up video again and realized that I had selected Ubuntu 16.04 instead of 18.04. After setting up new VMs with this change, the installation script seems to complete successfully.

Thank you!
    Oscar

Categories

Upcoming Training