Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Back Track 4 installer

I am trying to install an iso image of BackTrack4 in virtualbox and i am struggling.

I am following a guide i found on youtube. Essentially running the live CD and then choosing the install option.

Once i have gone through steps 1-4 ending with choosing the guided partitioner it jumps straght to step 7. I can then not enter login/username and password etc....

Once install completes i reboot as told. I then choose to boot from the first hard disk(now this is one of the problems if i am using the iso image will it boot off that into a live cd cause once i am in that is how it seems once i am in the install icon still appears)

Anyway bt login:root/bt password:toor and then startx and hey presto i think i am back into Live Cd.

I know this all seems like i have no clue(which i haven't for that matter!) But i read about BackTrack and would really like to give it a go. HELP PLEASE AND THANKS!

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    fortunately I was just about to install BT4 for come of my own testing, so I will go through the steps and see what I can add to help you. The first thing is that you want to shutdown the machine, unmount the iso/CD/DVD, then boot up to get it out of the Live mode.
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    I went through the entire install process and am getting the same thing, I have confirm that I am in the installed system by checking the output of "mount" and seeing that /dev/hda1 is mounted as /. It appears that the install script just remains on the system, it is nothing more than a script so you can just put it in the trash.

Categories

Upcoming Training