Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Linux feedback

Options
DioGren
DioGren Posts: 1
edited December 2015 in New to Linux

1. I try Use Mint

What I did not like:

1. Do not It a standard CNT + ALT + DELL menu.

2. Do not nice font, the look was not comfortable.

3. Not establishing Wine, why do not you integrate Wine in Linux core?

4. Bad installing Linux (not automatily and many procecing to add section for Linux needs)

5. Security, I do not want my computer to transfer any of my data.

If you want to Linux was a popular, make it comfortable for people to not have to use the command line, was pleasing to the eye and easy to use and easy to install + ofcose stability

Make has finally official and the only 1 Linux version - which would include all the good achievements.

Yea and happy birthday Linux! :)

Comments

• dday35216
    dday35216 Posts: 71
    Options

Not sure what version of Mint you tried, but the latest , 17.3, installs pretty easily. Just boot from the media and do the install. Answer a few questions, similar to any other OS install and joila, it's in. Many people complain about the graphics and I think they're fine. If you want to smoothest, most appealing to the eye, try Elementary Linux.  Wine is also pretty integrated. I myself prefer the Zorin distribution. It works well for everything I need, which includes some Windows games and software under Wine. Keep looking and trying. Hopefully, you'll find one that you like.

• jry5a
    jry5a Posts: 2
    Options

Why do I have to type my administrator password a thousand times a day, every time I touch a button? There is no one in my room and I already signed in as administrator at login. I think Linux knows something that I don't. This Linux OS must be highly vulnerable to backdoor brute force attacks such as Kali Linux distro is based upon.

Personally, I think Linux is at an early 1980's level of intelligence. It constantly tells me that there is "possible missing firmware" during update. Then Linux terminal tells me that "the intraframs will try to resume from partition 3" That's the Swap partition. Why is the terminal trying to boot from the swap partition??? Not only is the terminal completely clueless (possible???) (try???) but it also leaves my system unbootable after every update.

I realize that this OS is free, and for good reason. No one would pay for a headache like this. In fact I would not use Linux even if you paid me. I'm going back to Windows, unfortunately. Maybe in the future Linux will pay professional staff to build a modern, intelligent and productive system that costs money. These free distros are annoying and counter productive, especially when my neighbors have Kali Linux and make my online experience a living hell. Linux is all about hacking and brute force and typing passwords over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Categories

Upcoming Training