Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Typos

Comments

• mstepien
    mstepien Posts: 410

Hi @thomas.bucaioni, these have been fixed. Thank you!

Magda
    The Linux Foundation Training Team

• coop
    coop Posts: 915

I haven't got the slightest idea of what you are talking about. Be precise before posting please. I cannot tell if you are making two points here or one. There is nothing wrong with any command involving luksClose anywhere in the course (there are no brackets of any kind with them) and in fact there are none in the entire chapter. Furthermore, the https link you gave is not useful as it works probably only for you, if you click on it you get asked for $299 even if you are already registered and signed in (I checked).

If you want to report a typo print the text and show the correction suggested. Many typos students find are not typos so unless it is obvious it requires evaluation by the SME for the course.

Again, I don't know what you are talking about, and it is not a useful use of my time to read and entire chapter and find nothing.

• @mstepien cheers

@coop Magda seems to have corrected the two typos before you looked, they're corrected already. Sorry for being a bit terse, I'll try to give more details if I find any other

• In the 'kernel-modules' chapter p. 3, there's a depmode instead of depmod

• mstepien
    mstepien Posts: 410

Hi @thomas.bucaioni, thank you for letting us know. It's been updated.

Best regards,
    Magda
    The Linux Foundation Training Team

• @mstepien np
    By the way, in chapter 'user-account-management', there are LaTeX like sequences in page 5 and 8: \vspace{10pt} or \begin{configlst}[{/etc/shadow}]. Not sure it's voluntary

• In 'user-account-management' p.12, maybe it's $HOME/.bash_profile instead of "$HOME/.bash profile"

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886

@thomas.bucaioni This has been corrected. Thank you.

• Cheers

Also, in chapter 'backup-and-recovery-methods' p.14, maybe it's cpio -i -I /dev/st0 instead of cpio -i somefile -I /dev/st0

• In chapter 'linux-security-modules' p. 11, maybe the package is policycoreutils-python-utils

• In lab 41.1 on SELinux, maybe you could add the command sudo systemctl start httpd.service

• coop

yes on the cpio

no on the policycoretuils. This package has different names on every distro and version; rhel8 has at least 3 different packages and the names change with Python2 or 3. It is not an instruction to install, just a comment. If you have selinux installed, you surely have semange no matter what the package name is. So forget it.

on httpd, sort of obvious and the student should understand this by now. I have added to the future version but this is pedantic.

• In chapter 'user-account-management' p.8, there's a git conflict about Theodore's password. The white spaces at the beginning of the line seem to be the problem

• In chapter 'file-permissions-and-ownership' lab 32.3, item (5) should be setfacl -m u:fool:r /tmp/afile instead of setfacl -m u:fool:w /tmp/afile.

Some lab exercises fail in directory /tmp because the filesystem is tmpfs

• coop

ignored as your comment makes no sense and is impossible to evaluate. Please be more detailed or don't bother. Theodore is mentioned only twice and there are no spaces anywhere at the beginnning of the line.. ALso start a new thread when you do that as the title is misleading

• The page shows:

daemon:*:16141:0:99999:7:::
    beav:$6$iCZyCnBJH9rmq7P.$RYNm10Jg3wrhAtUnahBZ/mTMg.RzQE6iBXyqaXHvxxbK \
    TYqj.d9wpoQFuRp7fPEE3hMK3W2gcIYhiXa9MIA9w1:16316:0:99999:7:::
    =======
    daemon:*:16141:0:99999:7::: 
    beav:$6$iCZyCnBJH9rmq7P.$RYNm10Jg3wrhAtUnahBZ/mTMg.RzQE6iBXyqaXHvxxbK \          TYqj.d9wpoQFuRp7fPEE3hMK3W2gcIYhiXa9MIA9w1:16316:0:99999:7:::
    .>>>>>>> staging

so it seems the same string is present twice

• The setfacl issue seems to be because the antivirus Savscan is running on my station

• In chapter 'firewalls' p.10, there's firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=trusted --list-sources 192.168.1.0/24 but maybe it should be sudo firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=trusted --list-sources

• In chapter 'firewalls' p.12, there's grep " 21/tcp" /etc/services but maybe it should be grep "21/tcp" /etc/services (whitespace)

• coop

No. Do me a favor, try both before you decide something is wrong. With no space it generates 70 lines of output. Please work more before posting

• Well, I retried in virtualbox with Ubuntu 20.04 (fresh install) and the command with a white-space doesn't output anything. Neither does the command cat /etc/services | grep " 21/tcp". It seems there is a tabulation before the port numbers so a simple ' ' isn't detected

• This works: grep -P "\t21/tcp" /etc/services

• Hi @thomas.bucaioni , yes, in Ubuntu it works in a different way, because file /etc/services have tabs instead spaces.

I'm glad you where able to solve it, because some things uses to work a bit differently depending on the distro you are.

Regards,
    Luis.

• coop

please do not keep posting in this thread as the title is useless. I am ignoring anything in it from now on

Categories

Upcoming Training