Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

system restore on ubuntu? or fixing wireless?

Options

so...... my microsoft OS crashed. due to hard disks failing. i will be getting it fixed soon. but, i figured i would use ubuntu for the time being, well, when i got on, it no longer had the icon for wireless Internet. so i wast sure what was going on, i but i was looking for a system restore on my ubuntu to go back to a time where i had it. but could not find it, so i logged into on guest, and that got me internet but no icon for it on my profile. so how do i get it back, or is there possibly a system restore?

thanks!

Comments

• Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    Options
    I know that in Gnome there is an app called BackInTime that works to restore a system back to a previous point in time, but, I don't know if it is installed by default in Ubuntu. I'm a Fedora user and it is not default in Fedora. I'm also not convinced that doing a restore will bring back your wireless icon. Why not find Network Manager and see if you can configure your wireless from there. I'm using Gnome and in Fedora it's under System-->Preferences-->Network Connections.
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Options
    I agree, most likely the network-manager application was not set to start on login due to some modifications. You should find some option to restart it in the admin preferences or you can just restart it from the command line by running the program name followed by " &".

Categories

Upcoming Training