Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

LFS258 - Why a convoluted installation class even before descriving the architecture?

rajeevradnair
rajeevradnair Posts: 2
edited May 2021 in LFS258 Class Forum

Tim:

I spend a day trying to install and make sense of K8s while going through chapter 3. You are mentioning a lot of items in chapter 3, without a proper formal introduction like kubeadm, CNI, etc. This chapter is completely ill-placed and overly complicated. You should keep it simple and focused. If you believe kubeadm is the way to get things done, keep that as the central point and stick to getting an environment up and running using kubeadm. You jump around a lot without making any sense in the course. You introduce all of these concepts later on in chapter 4 and beyond. You need to take the time and effort to progressively introduce new concepts if you really think this is for a new student.

Secondly why shy away from introducing some original diagrams? Most of the content is text heavy. This is the old way of doing things, You need to really spend some time and effort into creating visuals to explain the architectural concepts better. What you seem to have is a overly complicated visuals without any build up.

Also, summaries of chapters are introduced after you have covered the core concept. The summary videos should be placed at the end of the chapter after you have covered the topics.

This course is turning out to be a big disappointment from Linux Foundation. I am exploring Kubernetes official documentation and alternative training from other instructors.

Comments

• 5:51PM edited 6:02PM in LFS258 Class Forum
    Tim:

I spend a day trying to install and make sense of K8s while going through chapter 3. You are mentioning a lot of items in chapter 3, without a proper formal introduction like kubeadm, CNI, etc. This chapter is completely ill-placed and overly complicated. You should keep it simple and focused. If you believe kubeadm is the way to get things done, keep that as the central point and stick to getting an environment up and running using kubeadm. You jump around a lot without making any sense in the course. You introduce all of these concepts later on in chapter 4 and beyond. You need to take the time and effort to progressively introduce new concepts if you really think this is for a new student.

Secondly why shy away from introducing some original diagrams? Most of the content is text heavy. This is the old way of doing things, You need to really spend some time and effort into creating visuals to explain the architectural concepts better. What you seem to have is a overly complicated visuals without any build up.

Also, summaries of chapters are introduced after you have covered the core concept. The summary videos should be placed at the end of the chapter after you have covered the topics.

This course is turning out to be a big disappointment from Linux Foundation. I am exploring Kubernetes official documentation and alternative training from other instructors.

Categories

Upcoming Training