Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Domain Review - stuck on task no. 33

jcremp77
jcremp77 Posts: 37
edited May 2021 in LFS258 Class Forum

Hi-

In the Domain Review, task no.33 states to "log into the container...", I am unable to do this. Below is the message I receive.

@master-0:~$ kubectl exec securityreview -ti -- /bin/sh
error: unable to upgrade connection: container not found ("webguy")

I have ran the commands in task no.32 and understand from the logs and pod status that there is a "CrashLoopBackOff"; not sure how to proceed as I cannot login to retrieve the 'proper id'.

Comments

• jcremp77

To get around this I commented out the 'security context' stanzas, and redeployed the pod. I then logged in to get the user id, but I am not sure this was the intended solution. Any help would be great.

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,155

Hi @jcremp77,

Earlier forum discussions may provide some clarification. You can also use the search feature and customize it as needed.

Regards,
    -Chris

• jcremp77

Hi @chrispokorni - I have been researching this for the last week, and haven't gotten any further on this. I had already read through all the threads I could find that reference this same task. Just not sure what to do at this point; I have already read over the kubernetes.io/docs/ many times concerning security.

• @jcremp77 did you ever figure this out?

• guettli
    guettli Posts: 17

@chrispokorni the link to the search is good. But it has only one match. This thread here. It feels like going in circles.

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,155

Hi @guettli,

It seems you already found it :wink:

Regards,
    -Chris

Categories

Upcoming Training