Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 3.2 Step 3

Hello,

I have just tried to test that the local repo is working, but the connection remained hanging.

student@lfclass-master:~/app1$ kubectl get svc | grep reg
registry     ClusterIP   10.96.245.188   <none>        5000/TCP   86s

student@lfclass-master:~/app1$ curl -vvv 10.96.245.188:5000/v2/_catalog
*   Trying 10.96.245.188...
* TCP_NODELAY set

Then, I have checked that the pods are ok, but they are in pending state.

student@lfclass-master:~/app1$ kubectl get pods | grep reg
registry-6b5bb79c4-2nxjt   0/1     Pending   0          2m3s

I checked the pod and it seems it is not starting:

student@lfclass-master:~/app1$ kubectl describe pod registry-6b5bb79c4-2nxjt | tail -5
Events:
  Type     Reason            Age                    From               Message
  ----     ------            ----                   ----               -------
  Warning  FailedScheduling  2m44s (x3 over 2m53s)  default-scheduler  0/2 nodes are available: 2 pod has unbound immediate PersistentVolumeClaims.
  Warning  FailedScheduling  35s (x3 over 2m39s)    default-scheduler  0/2 nodes are available: 2 node(s) had taint {node.kubernetes.io/unreachable: }, that the pod didn't tolerate.

Then, I remembered that at the beginning of previous course, we removed the taints from master node in order to create pods on it. I checked and they are removed.

student@lfclass-master:~/app1$  kubectl taint nodes --all node-role.kubernetes.io/master-
taint "node-role.kubernetes.io/master" not found
taint "node-role.kubernetes.io/master" not found

Do you know what could be the issue? I checked also the firewall rules from VPC and the configuration is ok. Anyway, the pod failing to start can't be related to the firewall. Do you know what I can check further?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Raddu92
    Raddu92 Posts: 2

L.E. It seems that a VM restart solves a lot of things. Now it's working as expected...

Categories

Upcoming Training