Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 4.1. Step 5 Not able to deploy Openstack on VMs

Hi there! I was able to bring up the openstack-01 VM and sshed to it but not able to run the following command:
cd $HOME/onap-custom/setup-utils

I attach the screenshot please help me.

Comments

• Hi haledonertasli,

I see that you are login user name is haledonertasli . You should change the user to aarna. Please follow the steps below.

sudo -i
    su - aarna
    cd $HOME/onap-custom/setup-utils

Please let me know if you need additional details

Regards
    Vivek

• Hi vmuthukrishnan,

OK, thanks so much I ran the command "nohup sudo bash -x aio-centos-gcp-deploy.sh 4 &" and waited more than half hour but the job is not completed, how long I should wait?

[aarna@openstack-01 setup-utils]$ cat nohup.out

We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local System
    Administrator. It usually boils down to these three things:

#1) Respect the privacy of others.
    #2) Think before you type.
    #3) With great power comes great responsibility.

Thanks,

Hale

• vmuthukrishnan
    vmuthukrishnan Posts: 31
    edited May 2021

Hi haledonertasli,

Openstack deployment will take close to 2 hours also. It downloads lot of AIO packages from the internet. Sorry, i did not understand the second part of the message.

You can tail the logs $ sudo tail -f nohup.out (OR) $ sudo cat nohup.out

• I see, I will wait 2 to 3 hours then. So now I have another question. Since gcloud is charging 4 usd per hour, what should I do now to repeat those steps from the beginning each time.

So far I kep deleting the gcloud instances not to get charged when I am not studying for the labs.
    What is the best approach to stop gcloud charging but also not repeat all the steps from the beginning and keep continuing from where I left off.

Would gcloud instance stop command would help? Please advice...

• Yes, Please plan your activities for 3 to 5 days to keep openstack and ONAP instances up and running. This way you will be able to complete the entire ONAP lab exercises.

Kindly note restarting Openstack OR ONAP instances will fail to bring up core services and we cannot recover these failures.

• Hi
    using sudo tail -f nohup.out (OR) $ sudo cat nohup.out prompts for password for aarna.

sudo cat nohup.out

We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local System
    Administrator. It usually boils down to these three things:

#1) Respect the privacy of others.
    #2) Think before you type.
    #3) With great power comes great responsibility.

[sudo] password for aarna:

Categories

Upcoming Training