Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Generic text Only printing driver for CUPS!!!!!

I am using debian lenny 5.03 in i386 arq. but I used to have a machine with Ubuntu 9.04.

I am needing something that I only saw in Ubuntu .... its a Generic Text Only driver for CUPS,... I cannot find it anywhere in the web, not even in another distros of linux.

1) where can i download this driver (in ubuntu is under Generic -> Text Only of cups or using the gnome wizard to add it)

2) in case you dont know the answer for 1), how can I extract that driver from ubuntu and install it in debian ????

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Usually the /usr/share/cups directory contains the ppd files (text drivers) for the printers available to your system. You can copy the contents of that directory to your debian installation or download the specific driver you need from http://www.cups.org/ppd.php
  • thanks your answer was usefull I will try what you say and I will let you know.

the link you give me is really usefull but the driver is not there
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    If the driver work in ubuntu then all you have to do is copy the .ppd files to debian and you will have the whole set. As for the link I noticed that it did not include my driver either, I ender up getting the latest version of hplip and finding the driver in that package.

Categories

Upcoming Training