Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

iTunes and Linux

Well, I am not new to Linux, but I was wondering did anyone know if iTunes 9 would work on Linux using Wine? I am hoping that it does, because right now I am dual booting with 7 and Ubuntu because of iTunes.

Thanks for the help,

Shane

Comments

• Nevermind, I figured out that it does not work.
  • there are alternatives that work much better than itunes in my opinion gtkpod, amarok, banshee etc alot of the current linux media players support ipods. Personally I dispise itunes because its bloated I'd recommend at least trying another product and see what you think.
  • ford
    ford Posts: 24
    Personally, RhythmBox worked alright for me, but Exaile and Amarok are good alternatives. You can also look into RockBox for your iPod, and gtkpod can interface with both a normal iPod and a RockBoxed iPod.
  • jayvo86
    jayvo86 Posts: 12
    I use Rythmbox for my Ipod, however I've been having issues with my Ipod Touch. There is a lot of support, but I don't think Jailbreaking works for Touch's with frimware 3.1.2. (Which is what I have.)

Anyone, find out anything new??

-Josh
  • I actually just ditched my iPhone but everything I have was on iTunes. I found Banshee works great for me though. Worked flawlessly getting iTunes from my XP box to my linux box!

Categories

Upcoming Training