Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Error during Deploy a New Cluster on lab 2.2,

Hello,
I have a lot of error during Deploy a New Cluster on lab 2.2,

Installed - now to get Calico Project network plugin
W0322 19:28:56.196482 26467 kubelet.go:200] cannot automatically set CgroupDriver when starting the Kubelet: cannot execute 'docker info -f {{.CgroupDriver}}': exit status 2
[init] Using Kubernetes version: v1.20.1
[preflight] Running pre-flight checks
[WARNING Service-Docker]: docker service is not enabled, please run 'systemctl enable docker.service'
[preflight] The system verification failed. Printing the output from the verification:

error execution phase preflight: [preflight] Some fatal errors occurred:
[ERROR CRI]: container runtime is not running: output: Client:
Debug Mode: false

Server:
ERROR: Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?
errors pretty printing info
, error: exit status 1
[ERROR Service-Docker]: docker service is not active, please run 'systemctl start docker.service'
[ERROR IsDockerSystemdCheck]: cannot execute 'docker info -f {{.CgroupDriver}}': exit status 2
[ERROR SystemVerification]: error verifying Docker info: "Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?"
[preflight] If you know what you are doing, you can make a check non-fatal with --ignore-preflight-errors=...
To see the stack trace of this error execute with --v=5 or higher
Running the steps explained at the end of the init output for you
cp: cannot stat '/etc/kubernetes/admin.conf': No such file or directory
chown: cannot access '/home/ubuntu/.kube/config': No such file or directory
Apply Calico network plugin from ProjectCalico.org
If you see an error they may have updated the yaml file
Use a browser, navigate to the site and find the updated file
The connection to the server localhost:8080 was refused - did you specify the right host or port?

You should see this node in the output below
It can take up to a mintue for node to show Ready status

The connection to the server localhost:8080 was refused - did you specify the right host or port?

Comments

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,155

Hi @bbenameur,

Initialization errors could be caused by various reasons. The infrastructure configuration - cloud vs local hypervisor, VM instance configuration - networking/firewalls/DNS, CPU and memory size, disk space, guest OS distribution and any active/running firewalls, repeated runs of the k8sMaster.sh script, etc. are just a few possible causes for install and init errors.

Where are you running your VM (cloud or local hypervisor infrastructure), what is the size of the VM, and what is your guest OS?
    Are there any infra (cloud/hypervisor) firewalls that are enabled and blocking any traffic? Any guest OS firewall active/running?

Regards,
    -Chris

• bbenameur
    bbenameur Posts: 5
    edited March 2021

Hi @chrispokorni ,

Thanks for your quick response,

The vm is on aws cloud (m5a.large) instance , 2 CPU , 8 G RAM, 10 G Storage,

Os is ubuntu 18.04-amd64-server-20210224,

I followed what 'is said in LFD259,

Thanks

• bbenameur
    bbenameur Posts: 5
    edited March 2021

Security group is : 0.0.0.0/0
    enable all IPv4 addresses to access your instance using SSH.

• chrispokorni

Hi @bbenameur,

When provisioning your EC2 VMs, did you happen to follow the demo video "Using AWS to Set Up Labs" from Chapter 1 - Introduction? I just followed the video and then Exercise 2.2 Step 2 and my master/control plane node was initialized without any errors. Keep in mind that the k8sMastre.sh script should be run only once - running it several times causes more issues instead of helping the control plane init phase. Also, while running it you may see some Warnings, which you can safely disregard.

Would you be able to provide the content of the master.out file?

Regards,
    -Chris

• Hello @chrispokorni ,

I remove the 2 vm and i ree installe the cluster all be OK ,
    i dont know what happen ,
    should be the user be sudoer?

Thanks

• chrispokorni

The default user configuration should be fine

• Thank you @chrispokorni

Categories