Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Are the Labs Additive?

Options

I'm a fairly experienced admin just looking to pass the exams, and my hope is to be able to move through the course material as quickly as possible.

Are the labs additive, i.e., a series of stacked prerequisite work? Or, say if I get stuck on encryption and actually need to do the hands-on, will I be able to do that ad hoc?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• coop
    coop Posts: 915
    Options

yes and no. There are large parts of the course you could permute the order of chapters and it would not matter, and over time we have indeed made such changes based on what seems to improve the student experience. That is one reason there are so may separate sessions, rather than a few long ones with many subsections and labs. So there is some "forward referencing" but not much. On the other hand there are subjects that have to be understood before going further, but fewer than you might think. So especially if you are already familiar with the concepts and even a Unix like system, you should be able to hop around fine (no, lab exercises generally do not build on previous ones.)

I could give you the rap about the course is not an "exam preparation" course, although it should prepare you for the exam, and that the objective is much more than exam passing, but I'll spare you :)

• kcjeffro
    Options

That works, thanks!

• aimcorp
    aimcorp Posts: 17
    Options

@coop said:
    I could give you the rap about the course is not an "exam preparation" course, although it should prepare you for the exam, and that the objective is much more than exam passing, but I'll spare you :)

I somehow noticed this after checking the dependencies and competencies section. :)

I had to complete the LFS211 course to get most of the information base I needed to at least start on the path of learning what it takes for LFCS exam and while I have the exam scheduled for this coming Tuesday, I feel 70% ready, which means I might reschedule.

• coop
    coop Posts: 915
    Options

well remember you get a free retake and you do not need 100% to pass! Good luck :)

Categories

Upcoming Training