Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

LFS258 - Labs Updated to v1.20.1 (2.5.2021)

Options

Hi,

A new course version of LFS258 went live today. Lab exercises have been updated to Kubernetes v1.20.1. We are planning another course update in the coming weeks with lecture changes.

To ensure you have access to the latest updates, please clear your cache before accessing the course.

Regards,
Flavia
The Linux Foundation Training Team

Comments

• jason.sones.cloud
    Options

I have started doing the labs on the previous version, 2020-10-19. I am not that far in. Is the recommendation at this point to upgrade kubernetes to 1.20 . Then continue the labs from the new lab exercise. I assume there has been no changes to use of ubuntu 18.04

• chrispokorni
    Options

Hi @jason.sones.cloud,

It is recommended to run your labs on the latest published version because it may include bug fixes and feature updates introduced by the latest Kubernetes release 1.20, including new YAML structure changes in the latest SOLUTIONS tarball.

Regards,
    -Chris

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000
    Options

Hello,

We are still using Ubuntu 18.04, but that may change soon. I follow what the exam does, so when the exam updated to 1.20.1, I updated the material accordingly. I understand the exam will be moving to Ubuntu 20.04 soon. When/if it does I will update the labs shortly after to match.

Regards,

• jason.sones.cloud
    Options

Thanks @chrispokorni and @serewicz , I will keep using the latest

• sugarbravo
    Options

Hi,
    how to get the "solutions" tarball?

Trying to copy/paste YAML looses indentation formatting. There is no download link in the upper right of YAML code box.

Thank you.

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,903
    Options

@sugarbravo Please check the Course Resources page in the introductory chapter, where you will find instructions to retrieve the files.

• amorell
    amorell Posts: 1
    Options

Hi,

About this: " v1.20.1. We are planning another course update in the coming weeks with lecture changes."

@fcioanca could you please confirm me if the update has been applied, and all the course is now compatible with 1.20? If not, when will it be updated?

Thanks!

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,903
    Options

@amorell At this point, there are no new updates in the course since labs were updated to v1.20.1.

Categories

Upcoming Training