Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Platform exam

Hi,
I have a question.
For which reason for CKAD exam is required Ubuntu 18.04 platform but executing check requirements tool under windows the check is ok?
I am confused because here candidate requirements declare:

"Current version of Chrome or Chromium

• you don’t need to install a virtual machine, use a client machine, or anything beyond a Chrome or Chromium browser
  • Make sure you have third party cookies turned on for the duration of the exam."

I can take the exam on Windows or I must take the exam on virtual machine with Ubuntu 18.04?

Finally, it's possible see some exam simulations?

Thank you

Comments

• husam
    husam Posts: 6

Hello,
    All you need is an Internet Browser "Chrome"
    and add an "Innovative Exams Screensharing" to the browser. You can take the exam on windows or Linux, or macOS. You don't need a virtual machine

https://forum.linuxfoundation.org/discussion/858416/practice-test

• @husam said:
    Hello,
    All you need is an Internet Browser "Chrome"
    and add an "Innovative Exams Screensharing" to the browser. You can take the exam on windows or Linux, or macOS. You don't need a virtual machine

Ok, thanks, but why on exam details is required Ubuntu 18.04 platform?

https://forum.linuxfoundation.org/discussion/858416/practice-test

Thank you, this I know yet. I intend simulations facsimile on this exam, not other platform.

• coop
    coop Posts: 915

Please direct all questions about exam platforms, contents, procedures to the certification exam help, as you will not get authoritative answers, and the previous post by @husam is not AFAIK speaking with authority in his promotions. As far as the Ubuntu 18.04 platform goes, my understanding is that the remote server is running Ubuntu 18.04, you can be running on your workstation a wide variety of OS.

• @coop said:
    Please direct all questions about exam platforms, contents, procedures to the certification exam help, as you will not get authoritative answers, and the previous post by @husam is not AFAIK speaking with authority in his promotions.

Hi,
    I wrote here hoping for a response from @chrispokorni or @serewicz.

As far as the Ubuntu 18.04 platform goes, my understanding is that the remote server is running Ubuntu 18.04, you can
    be running on your workstation a wide variety of OS.

Thank you so much for your consideration. It's probably like you said.

• Hi @MariangelaPetraglia,

The latest information can be found through the "Candidate Handbook" link located at the bottom of the CKAD homepage.

Regards,
    -Chris

• Hi @chrispokorni,
    thank you for your answer.

Regards,
    Mariangela

Categories

Upcoming Training