Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

blender and yo frankie dont work

Options

I cant open blender or play yo frankie game . When i type them in terminal i get this massage :

seyed@hasan-laptop:~$ blender

blender-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libavutil.so.49: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

seyed@hasan-laptop:~$ sudo yofrankie-bge

[sudo] password for seyed:

blenderplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libavutil.so.49: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

seyed@hasan-laptop:~$

and i cant found this file in synaptic package manager or internet . I have ubuntu 9.10 . and you know that yo frankie game is made by blender .

what do you suggest?

Comments

• altNull
    Options
    Well the answer is in the error message. This is one of the benefits of Linux - Error Messages that have meaning. As you can see
    blender-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libavutil.so.49: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

blenderplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libavutil.so.49: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    both of these apps are missing the libavutil.so.49 library. Do a google search for libavutil.so.49 using the following schemes
    +download +libavutil.so.49
    +download +libavutil.so.x

+reference +libavultil.so.49
    +reference +libavultil.so.x

+install +libvultil.so.49
    +install +libvultil.so.49

Also, you can mix and match search phrases like
    +download +install +libavutil.so.49

Finally don't be afraid to take out words if your search yields constant meaningless results.
    +install +download +libvultil.so.49 -Unix

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Options
    It is hard to believe that ubuntu missed a dependency, I would instead guess that your installed version is under another version of the libavutil library.

First check update your slocate database by using the command "sudo updatedb", then run the command "locate libavutil.so" to see a file exists for this library, this will identify if another version is installed. If you find a file like libavutil.so.50 then you can easily setup a symlink in the contained directory from the current version to the filename/version number that is requested "sudo ln -s libavutil.so.50 libavutil.so.49" and that will correct the issue until a new version of the required libraries is installed.

If you see multiple entries, then one of the entries may already be linked to the newest version, which would make it the prime candidate to be linked to since it is auto-updated when you install an updated version of the library.
  • hoseini
    Options
    thanks
  • hoseini
    Options
    thanks very much it solved.

Categories

Upcoming Training