Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

subscription-manager register to CentOS 7

Hi Guys!

Someone can tell how to register this System CentOS 7 using the subscription-manager. Because, I cannot buy a Red Hat System, any packages that I installed in the System yum is warning that: this System is not registered with an entitlement server. You can use subscription-manager to register.

So, I have tried the command subscription-manager register with all its menu options with Red Hat web site, but still not registering. Consequently, most the Labs classes of all coursers involving Network, Bind, DNS, HTTP... that I am doing coming out failed results.

Please, I appreciate your wizard...
Thanks!

Comments

• coop
    coop Posts: 915

it's a bogus message you can ignore, it has no effect. At some point I figured out how to eliminate it, I believe you just have to elminate the rpm it emanates from (subscription-manager perhaps). There is no such service for CentOS.

Note it's a little bit of a pain but you can install RHEL 8 from the redhat developers network for free if it is for learning purposes, and it is not a crippled version. Or you can easily install CentOS 8 or preferabbly CentOS 8 Stream for free as alternatives for CentOS 7 which is getting old for a few purposes.

• Helio
    Helio Posts: 27

@coop said:
    it's a bogus message you can ignore, it has no effect. At some point I figured out how to eliminate it, I believe you just have to elminate the rpm it emanates from (subscription-manager perhaps). There is no such service for CentOS.

Note it's a little bit of a pain but you can install RHEL 8 from the redhat developers network for free if it is for learning purposes, and it is not a crippled version. Or you can easily install CentOS 8 or preferabbly CentOS 8 Stream for free as alternatives for CentOS 7 which is getting old for a few purposes.

@coop said:

• Helio
    Helio Posts: 27

Thanks for lighting me!...

Categories

Upcoming Training