Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

LFS253 - Question 6.4

Hello,

there is something I don't understand in question 6.4. The correct answer suggests that a process is created while I create a container.

While creating a container, we create:

Incorrect Answer

a. An image on the host running the container runtime
b. A process on the host running the container runtime    
c. A daemon on the host running the container runtime
d. None of the above   

But my understanding is that the process is only created when we run a container and the mere creation doesn't start anything. Can someone help? Thanks!

Comments

• Hi @ctschacher,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please be considerate when posting Knowledge Check questions with their correct answers in the public forum. It is unfair to your fellow learners, who are using the Knowledge Check questions to gauge their understanding of various topics. The intent of the course and the forum was not to directly provide correct solutions to Knowledge Check questions, but to engage learners in the process of deriving the best answer(s) to each question after completing the reading and the hands-on sections of the course.

The proper action for this Knowledge Check question should be "While starting a container...", also aligning it with the assumed correct answer.

It will be revised in a future course update release.

Regards,
    -Chris

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000

Hello,

In addition to what Chris wrote, a container is a process. When we create a container it is a running image, thus is a process. With the current lab setup it would be a docker process. The point is to understand the difference between a container and an image.

Regards,

Categories

Upcoming Training