Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

kubernetes installation and configuration

I have started this course recently. I have laptop with 8G RAM and 4 core (8 logical processors) windows 10. I am looking to install the K8 cluster on my laptop using kubeadm init and kubeadm join. I need to create a (ubuntu/cent os) VM with 3 vCPU and 4G RAM (master) and another VM with 1vCPU and 2 G RAM for worker node . I downloaded centos 7 iso for creating VM. Hope this will work as a LAB for LFS258 course

Comments

• coop
    coop Posts: 915

Not my course, but your numbers say you have 8 GB RAM, but you need 6 GB RAM for the VMS, plus you have to run Windows 10, which I doubt you can do properly with 2 GB of RAM left. Depending on the hypervisor you use, if all that RAM is dedicated to the VMs your system will thrash trying to use swap and you will not be happy. You may have to try cheating by giving less RAM to the master VM I suppose. Perhaps other students have gotten away with this, but the courses is designed to be run in the cloud, please remember.

• Hi @hello2sharad,

As mentioned by coop, please be mindful how you allocate the physical resources of your workstation to your VM instances. For the majority of the lab exercises the 2 VMs will suffice - the master and and the worker nodes. However, in Ch 16, three additional VM instances need to be provisioned to implement High Availability - that is two additional master VMs and one proxy VM.

Regards,
    -Chris

• Thanks Coop and Chris for the response, really appreciate. My laptop is having 16 GB and max it uses 8 GB and 8 GB is almost all the time available. So I hope I can create lab with virtual resources for most of the excercise

Categories

Upcoming Training