Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

How many of you felt like the frequent usage of "should" at the beginning of sentence is new?

Personally, I think it is weird and those sentences can be replaced with some simple english words which are usually seen.

but I may be wrong or my english language skill is not good enough.

Comments

• coop
    coop Posts: 915

Without examples, your comment is impossible to gauge. "should" can (and should) be used in many proper ways and the authors here are native English speakers.

• deepakgcp
    deepakgcp Posts: 10
    edited December 2020

@coop said:
    Without examples, your comment is impossible to gauge. "should" can (and should) be used in many proper ways and the authors here are native English speakers.

ok. Thank you! it was new for me. Sorry. I've seen Should at the beginning of a question. but.. not at the beginning of normal sentences.

But here are some examples.

Should a node be removed, the controller will delete the Pod also.

Should an update fail, due to an improper image version, for example, you can roll back the change to a working version with kubectl.

Should a pod terminate or a new pod be found, the replicaSet will create or terminate pods until the current number of running pods matches the specifications.

Should a scale-down fail, the group will be rechecked in 3 minutes, with the failing node being eligible in five minutes.

Should a Pod be added or removed, HPA waits 180 seconds before further action.

• To the moderators..

This post can be removed as it is not useful for the course and it was due to the lack of English language skill of the person posted(me).

• coop
    coop Posts: 915

"should" = "if" here. Totally normal use of language

This discussion has been closed.

Categories

Upcoming Training