Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 3.4 - correction proposal

Options

Hello,

I would like to propose a correction to the lab:
5. Run the command again and redirect the output to a file. Then edit the file. Remove thecreationTimestamp,resourceVersion,selfLink, anduidlines. Also remove all the lines including and after status:, which shouldbe somewhere around line 120, if others have already been removed.
TO:
5. Run the command again and redirect the output to a file. Then edit the file. Remove thecreationTimestamp,resourceVersion,selfLink, anduidlines. Also remove all the lines in the section "status:" (including the word status:).

Reason: following this command results in dropping the kind: directive from the file and makes it impossible to create a deployment from this yaml file.

Comments

• chrispokorni
    Options

Hi @rzadzins,

That is a strange behavior reported by you, where kind is not found in the exported yaml manifest.
    I have not encountered such a behavior, and it is clearly unexpected. I tried replicating it and I did get the complete yaml manifest, which includes kind.

Could it be related to the editor or maybe the way your terminal parses and displays the output?

Regards,
    -Chris

• rzadzins
    Options

Hi @chrispokorni

Sorry if I wasn't clear. The lab exercise instructs to delete everything after and including the "status:" line, and since the "kind" statement was after "status:", I've deleted it and got errors later on in the exercise. Hence I'm proposing to change the wording of the lab.

Kind regards,
    Patryk

• chrispokorni
    Options

Hi @rzadzins,

In an object's YAML manifest, kind: is found at the top of the manifest, usually the second line, immediately after the apiVersion:, while status: is all the way at the bottom.

Would you be able to provide a screenshot of the object you exported to a file with kind: below the status: line?

Regards,
    -Chris

• rzadzins
    Options

Hi @chrispokorni

I just tried recreating this behavior a few times, but can't reproduce getting kind: at the end anymore. Strange, I don't know what happened, apologies for the confusion.

Categories

Upcoming Training