Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Hi Everyone! Anybody knows the proceedings to install the Cheese Webcam on CentOS 7/8?

Options

I have a Windows 10/Home Operation System as a Host virtualization by Oracle VirtualBoxVM setup withe 3 Clients as following: Guest CentOS 7 and 8, Ubuntu 19.10 and 16, and open SUSE Leap 15.1 all they are running just fine , including Audio/Video. But, when I tried to install the cheese webcam on Linux Distribution Systems as I listed above, it did not work, while this integrated webcam, and another one USB Live Camera product name Microdia of the Sonix Technology, both them are working excellently with switcher, and everything with Skype and Hangouts on Windows 10 System.
If anybody can help with that I will appreciate, thanks a lot!

Best Answers

• Helio
    Helio Posts: 27
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks Luis! I will look for it.

• Helio
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi luisviveropena, thanks for the help.
    I downloaded the Extensions from Oracle VirtualBox , and the port USB 3.0 (xHCI) is working fine on both webcams cheese and Microdia of the Sonix Technlogy on browser Chrome Hangouts on CentOS-7 client on Windows 10 host.
    again

• Helio
    Answer ✓
    Options

it is so nice now... works like windows!...
    hahahh

• Helio
    Answer ✓
    Options

I installed audio and Video on all my Linux systems, but did not realize that for Webcams i must use different soft.
    This was a great experience for me.
    Thanks a lot.

Answers

Categories

Upcoming Training