Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 8.1 a2enmod and Apache2 error messages on Ubuntu 18.04.5.

I am having dramas with 8.1. LFS201and LFS261 were very clear about when to clean up. I think my current problems with Apache2 may stem from my previously created files gumming up the works, so I may do a clean out.
Currently $ sudo a2enmod cgi gives, Your MPM seems to be threaded. Selecting cgid instead of cgi. Enabling module cgid. Then it fails when I try to restart apache2. Should I edit newscripts.conf changing new-cgi for new-cgid ?
I ran a $ sudo systemctl status apache2.service -l --no-pager which gave; [3454]: AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.1.1. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message

Comments

• Lab 8.1 works fine on a clean VM Virtualbox install of Ubuntu with apache2 installed. Housekeeping time.

• lee42x
    lee42x Posts: 380

TrevorBell, The directory name "new-cgi" stays. The other messages are informing you of some tidying that could be done. You will notice in each message it informed you of the action taken. For testing purposes we can ignore these messages.

Categories

Upcoming Training