Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

CKA exam-allowed URLs

Hello,
While I'm not totally ready to take on the CKA exam, I would like to set up my browser with all approved resources before going through all the labs again (and possibly again, and ...).

The exam prep guide (17 A.2) alludes to this:
Using only the exam-allowed browser, URLs, and sub-domains search for and bookmark YAML examples for each item.

But I can't seem to find the specifics. I.e. which URLs and sub-domains are acceptable. I'd expect to find it in the section titled Important instructions: CKA and CKAD, but AFAIK tell, it's not there.

In sum, where can I find official LF CKA information that clarifies which external resource (such as bookmarked pages) are acceptable to consult during the CKA exam?

Many thanks,
/Henrik

Comments

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886

All exam related details can be found in the Candidate Handbook. If you cannot find the answer you are looking for there, you can always submit an inquiry to trainingsupport.linuxfoundation.org and our Customer Support Team will assist you.

• Yes, I'm aware of the handbook, but I was unable to find specifics referenced by the training material. @fcioanca, should the forum not be used for this kind of inquiries?

Sure, I can reach out to customer support, but I would think anybody taking the exam would be keenly interested in knowing precisely which resources are acceptable?

If anybody can point in the Handbook to exactly which Internet sites you're allowed to access during the exam, I'd surely would appreciate it. In the meantime, I'll follow up with support and post it back here.

Thanks,
    /Henrik

• Hi @HenrikAreskoug,

You can find all the accepted resource domains under the Candidate Handbook and under Exam Tips. All the information is there, I just verified.

Regards,
    -Chris

• coop
    coop Posts: 915

There is a firewall between the training staff and the certification staff, we do not administer or set the rules for exams and so other than common sense information you are not guaranteed to get authoritative correct information. Thus, one has to directly ask the certification staff.

• Thanks @chrispokorni !
    It's right there under the sanctioned countries...

For posterity:
    https://docs.linuxfoundation.org/tc-docs/certification/tips-cka-and-ckad#resources-allowed-during-exam

Thanks all,
    /Henrik

Categories

Upcoming Training