Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Chapter 11- Adding SonarQube Scanner Stage to Pipeline

I added sonarqube portion in my Jenkinsfile, but it is breaking, here are the screenshots

Please help.

Comments

• cziaul
    cziaul Posts: 39

If you see below, looks like it is getting Insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Env. Can I please get help on this?

• @cziaul Sonarqube is resource heavy... it really is a hogger to put it correctly. The error clearly states the reason. I would recommend you setup a dedicated host to run Sonarqube and give it enough resources. Alternately, try using Sonarcloud, the free version of it is available for public repos, similar to GitHub https://sonarcloud.io/pricing

• cziaul

Hi @gouravshah, I have enough resource in the VM I am working on now. I can increase it more if I need to, please let me know the command/instructionsn how to fix the memory project I reported inside VM.

• cziaul
    • /var/jenkins_home/tools/hudson.plugins.sonar.SonarRunnerInstallation/SonarScanner/bin/sonar-scanner -Dproject.settings=sonar-project.properties

INFO: Scanner configuration file: /var/jenkins_home/tools/hudson.plugins.sonar.SonarRunnerInstallation/SonarScanner/conf/sonar-scanner.properties

INFO: Project root configuration file: /var/jenkins_home/workspace/tavote-pipe_feature_monopipeline/sonar-project.properties

INFO: SonarScanner 4.5.0.2216

INFO: Java 1.8.0_265 AdoptOpenJDK (64-bit)

INFO: Linux 4.15.0-101-generic amd64

INFO: User cache: /var/jenkins_home/.sonar/cache

INFO: Scanner configuration file: /var/jenkins_home/tools/hudson.plugins.sonar.SonarRunnerInstallation/SonarScanner/conf/sonar-scanner.properties

INFO: Project root configuration file: /var/jenkins_home/workspace/tavote-pipe_feature_monopipeline/sonar-project.properties

INFO: Analyzing on SonarQube server 8.5.1

INFO: Default locale: "en_US", source code encoding: "UTF-8"

WARN: SonarScanner will require Java 11 to run starting in SonarQube 8.x

INFO: Load global settings

INFO: ------------------------------------------------------------------------

INFO: EXECUTION FAILURE

INFO: Total time: 3.297s

INFO: Final Memory: 5M/57M

ERROR: Error during SonarScanner execution

ERROR: Not authorized. Please check the properties sonar.login and sonar.password.

ERROR:

ERROR: Re-run SonarScanner using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.

script returned exit code 2

• cziaul
    edited October 2020

@gouravshah, I was working with Luis and after installing the latest sonarqube I see the build is successful but still exception is coming and asking for Node JS. I saw the previous sonarqube version7.8, it was asking the same. Do I need to install Node JS?

Please suggest asap. appreciate your help.

1. Try adding NodeJS plugin and see if that fixes it. Considering we have NodeJS code in the repo, and first look at the error, sonar appears to be is trying to invoke NodeJS command to me.
    2. I will give it a go @cziaul by adding sonarqube step. Need to recreate this issue in order to troubleshoot and fix it.
    3. Also, this week I tried using Sonarcloud instead of provisining Sonarqube as a container, which turned out to be a much better option. And its free for public repos. This may not solve the problem here, but general note.

Categories

Upcoming Training