Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Headphones problem

Hey, I've a little problem. I've speakers included in a monitor. And when I plug in headphones so music is playing in speakers and in headphones too. I want music is playing only from headphones when I plug in headphones. I'm using ubuntu...

Somebody help me? :(

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Are you plugging the headphones into a headphone jack on the monitor or on your tower?
  • I plugged headphones on my tower. But I've headphone jack on the monitor too but I don't use it. Headphone jack on my tower is more comfort to plug in headphones. Therefore I use jack on my tower. I will try use jack on monitor but I will glad if I could use jack on tower... :)
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Per my understanding standard audio output through the headphone jacks is one-way communication. However if you plug headphones into the jack on a set of speakers it's the speaker's internal controll that is re-routing the audio. In the case of your setup the speakers are getting the audio via one-way communication from the jack on the back orf your computer and the headphones are receiving their audio from the jack on the phone of the system. The two jacks are taking the same audio but sending it down two sperate channels that do not communicate.

I do not know of a way to auto mute the audio in this case because they are being routed through seperate channels that do not pass data back to the system for connection verification. There may be a command-line script you can run to disable a specific port, but that you have to be manually triggered.

I am responding with my best thoughts about this, but I may be incorrect, I am hoping someone can pitch in and prove me wrong.
  • Thanks man for your reply, now I try plug in headphones into the monitor and works it! but it ain't comfort because this jack is hidden in back of monitor... :(
  • has ypou installed the monitor driver?
  • ahmed farouk
    ahmed farouk Posts: 2
    edited February 2015
    i hope solve this problem

1425143594.jpg

Categories

Upcoming Training