Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

How to schedule two bootcamps basic and advanced?

Hello,

I sign up for both programs have a half year for each program to complete.
i'm work full time job as sys admin other than that have a lot of time.

what be the best why to learn?should i learn parllell and what about pre-courses i not have any backgroungd in linux, DevOps, Containers and K8s.

also be glad to hear what be the best schedule.

p.s. sorry for my english as i not native speaker.

Comments

• Hi @Vit83,

Welcome to the Cloud Engineer and Advanced Cloud Engineer Bootcamps!

I would recommend to follow the path suggested by the Cloud Engineer Bootcamp program: start building Linux sysadmin skills, then continue with Containers, DevOps/SRE, and finally Kubernetes.

Once familiar with Kubernetes, the Advanced Cloud Engineer Bootcamp will introduce you to additional cloud native concepts and technologies, such as service mesh, monitoring, logging, and application management.

Best of luck!

-Chris

• Hi @Vit83 ,

I just would like to add something very small but important: make a schedule for your studies and make it happen, so you can have enough time for the labs and all the courses (and of course don't wait for the last months to complete everything, because that won't work).

Many regards,
    Luis.

• Thank you for your answers, can you give an example how much hours should i learn each subject?
    in suggested plan i see by weeks but how much hours recommended to invest in each subject(i know it may be individual).

and what about pre-courses?

Thank you,

Vitaly

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886
    edited September 2020

We can't provide such detailed guidance, because this really depends on your existing knowledge and skills, learning style, time availability, etc. What may take one student 1-2 hours of study to learn a topic, it may take 5-6 for another student. We suggest that you make an initial plan and start studying, then you will see if that works for you or you need to adjust it. This is self-paced learning, allowing you to customize your learning path based on your particular situation.

• @fcioanca said:
    We can't provide such detailed guidance, because this really depends on your existing knowledge and skills, learning style, time availability, etc. What may take one student 1-2 hours of study to learn a topic, it may take 5-6 for another student. We suggest that you make an initial plan and start studying, then you will see if that works for you or you need to adjust it.

Thank you for your answer, will start to work on plan and take steps to see my progress.
    what about Pre-courses as i write i not have any background in linux(only windows servers) should i take first pre-courses?or use them as asisst guides with variuos topics in bootcamp itself.

and last question, when i done for example "Essentials of Linux System Administration (LFS201)" - there be exam after it?

• fcioanca
    edited September 2020

We definitely do recommend that you take LFS101 - Introduction to Linux if you do not have any Linux experience, as some of the more introductory Linux topics are covered there, but not in LFS201. Part of your Cloud Engineer bootcamp, you have the LFCS exam. LFS101 + LFS201 cover topics associated with the LFCS domains and competencies, but you will need to practice your Linux sysadmin skills as much and as often as possible to prepare yourself for the exam. Once you are familiar with Linux, then you can continue your learning journey with the other courses in the Cloud Engineer Bootcamp, then exams, and then move on to the more advanced topics in the Advanced bootcamp. We recommend that you go through the edX courses to get foundational knowledge, or at least skim through them, as that may help you better understand more advanced topics covered in the bootcamp courses - of course, this is up to you, and it is based on your existing knowledge and skills. There are several good tips on how to organize your journey in this thread - we hope you will enjoy your learning experience with the 2 bootcamps.

Regards,

Flavia

The Linux Foundation Training Team

• Thank you for tips will do so.

Regards,

Vitaly

• fcioanca

To add, you can audit the edX courses for free for a limited time (between 7 and 14 weeks, depending on each course).

• On edx which of them should i check besides LFS101 ?

Categories

Upcoming Training