Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

lab 12.3 chrome not let add security exception

Hello,
I can't accomplish the tasks on lab 12.3 because chrome don't let me add a security exception as mentioned in the lab.
thank you for your help.

Comments

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,155
    edited August 2020

Hi @BacemSOUISSI,

Firefox will allow you to complete the task.
    It used to work in Chrome aslo, but latest Chrome releases removed that capability.

Regards,
    -Chris

• Thank you !

• sergeizak
    sergeizak Posts: 20
    edited October 2020

I am on the same lab 12.3 (step 6) and can't get to a dashboard.. getting "This site can’t be reached"

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886

@sergeizak Are you using Chrome? Please read previous posts, as they usually provide explanations and solutions. In this situation, if you are using Chrome, you will need to use a different browser, such a Firefox, to complete this step.

• I have read the previous post. I tried Edge and Firefox to no avail. The issue I am having is not the same though. Original post is about "Your connection is not private" issue. In my case, the error is "This site can’t be reached"

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,155

Hi @sergeizak,

You are experiencing a different issue. Where are you running your Kubernetes cluster (cloud VMs, local VMs, etc.)?
    What is the output of the following command?

kubectl -n kubernetes-dashboard get svc kubernetes-dashboard

Regards,
    -Chris

• I was running it from GCP. Unfortunately, my free trial ended and I am rebuilding the cluster. At the moment, I am on lab 3.1 step 16 and getting "Unable to connect to the server: dial tcp 10.128.0.3:6443: i/o timeout" trying to

kubectl apply -f calico.yaml

• i am all set here.. i realized that i didn't provide correct internal ip in /etc/hosts.. After providing correct IP i was able to deploy calico.yaml

Categories

Upcoming Training