Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 4.2 Step 2

I am getting a parsing error when trying to create my low range group. Any suggestions?
Attached screenshots are of my yaml file, the lab yaml file, and the error. Line 9 is the memory: 500Mi line.

Comments

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,155

Hi @nathan.labrum,

If you carefully compare your yaml from the terminal with the yaml from the pdf, you may notice that starting with the line defaultRequest: an extra space is added in front of your defined properties.

Yaml is very sensitive to indentation, that is why extra care needs to be taken especially when writing yaml from scratch.

Also, it seems that both cpu: values are missing, the 1 and 0.5 respectively.

Did you try using the file from the Solutions tarball? It is preformatted, ready to use, packaged together with many other yaml files you may need for labs.

Regards,
    -Chris

• Hey @chrispokorni,

The deletion of the space before the defaultRequest: and type: solved the issue. My calues for cpu are there but they are in red so may be hard to see. Thank you for the help!

• Always be super careful with alignments in yaml files. And don't use tabs, only spaces. Otherwise you will be in trouble.

Categories

Upcoming Training