Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

lab 6.3 difference between theory and solutions tar-file

In lab 6.3 it is mentioned to copy the job.yaml to cronjob.yaml. However, the cron-job.yaml file in the LFS258_V2020-07-17_SOLUTIONS.tar.bz2 file is entirely different from that. This could need some adjusting, either in theory or in solutions file. Thanks.

Comments

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,155

Hi @niwde,

The files included in the solutions tarball can easily be modified to fit different scenarios. Feel free to make corrections on the fly, or experiment with different object configurations and see if you can spot any differences in object behavior.

Regards,
    -Chris

• niwde
    niwde Posts: 8

Hi @chrispokorni
    I am using microk8s on ubuntu on rpi4b so I am indeed making corrections on the fly because of syntax differences. I just wanted to point out the discrepancy between theory and solution of the product LFS258. In my opinion they should match, ideally 100%. If there is a more efficient way to report on issues regarding the course material, then please do tell.

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000

There are many ways and tools to deploy Kubernetes, on several different platforms. Our course is particular to a narrow group of options so that students can learn the product. Once they have mastery then they can learn the differences and variations. We will continue to show clusters built with kubeadm unless the community and kubernetes.io chooses a different tool.

Regards,

Categories

Upcoming Training