Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 1.1 Setting up GCP

I recently joined the course, Lab 1.1 doesn't contain any URL to login to GCP. Should we use our personal google account to setup the GCP by signing up for a free trial? what is the requirement for this?

please let me know
Thanks
Vairavan

Comments

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886

You are responsible for providing your own lab environment. Each course in the bootcamp has specific instructions on what is needed. Please be advised that a free tier account may not be sufficient. Also, in the future, please include the course number you are referring to in the post title/subject.

• varooran
    varooran Posts: 9

@fcioanca - Thanks for your information. I am not aware of this requirement.
    LFS253, this is the course number that I was referring to.

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000

Hello,

If you look at Lab 1.1 of LFS253 - Containers Fundamentals, you'll note the lab explains how to use GCE for the lab exercises. This is the lab environment used for lab testing as well as instructor-led training. There are many options you could use to complete the lab exercise including using local hardware with Linux installed, Virtual Box running a Linux instance, or one of many cloud providers such as GCE, AWS, or Digital Ocean.

Regards,

Categories

Upcoming Training