Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Explain this please...

Comments

• if im not mistaken... this is linus torvalds? hehe!
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    It is Linus, and it's not necessarily a bad thing. Competition leads to innovation which is why the Linux and FOSS projects have matured so quickly. Everytime MS or Apple release an update it just encourages the developers of other OSs to think outside of the box and compete.

I congratulate MS for their effort, but the lack of abilities and lack of adequate security in their products is why I will not go back to using them.
  • Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    I posted this on the mepislovers forums right after the picture appeared without the text around the internet.

Picture was missing the explanation, got it from link on identi.ca:

Microsoft tried to torpedo the success of the Japan Linux Symposium by launching their Windows 7 product that same day. They even had setup a big promotion booth across the street from the conference center.

During a break, we decided to make some fun of Microsoft and dragged Linus over there. When we arrived there, Linus was sold immediately on the product as you can see in the picture. At least that's what the sales guy thought. He obviously had no idea who he was dealing with. But in the end Linus surprisingly did not buy a copy. Wise man!

Heh...

Oh yeah, the link if it works outside of identi.ca http://tr.im/CFJi <--- yes that's the link

just checked...yes it does

It's nice to see the whole link.
  • 1. A window7 vendor letting Linus make fun of window 7.

2. Linus giving thumbs up . Saying windows7 is making GNU/Linux more attractive .

3. Linus making fun that there no line for windows.
  • I think he's also saying that Microsoft can Suck it! Yeah, they are claiming innovation, they are pushing the envelope, but they are really peddling backwards while going "upwards" in reverse. What was their last innovation? Oh, look its Windows 7. It uses the same basic kernel as Windows XP, the same basic GUI of Vista (cutting out the bugs), and its still slower than XP. What did they innovate? They added nice floating icons that bounce around the screen. Touch screen? No...that's not it. Oh look we made the GUI more accesses able. WAIT you still have to through 3 different screens to get to the networking stuff, and they are stilling using their failed version of a GUI root. What have they improved? They were able to sucker in some people, but not enough to call marketing a success. And they just handed the mini-notebook market over to Ubuntu. I think that's what Linus is saying Thanks for the keys!
  • hehe! whatever it means.. im still using linux! long live linux..

Categories

Upcoming Training