Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

LFS201 - 15.1 - Filename(s) Incorrect

So two things, the first highlighted picture should be ./lab_iosched.sh not ./lab_iosched.h

Second picture, the filename is different from what is referenced in the material. Not that it's brain busting to realize that and just get on with life, but just in case there was a need for consistency.

Hope everyone is staying safe :)

Comments

• coop
    coop Posts: 915

The second (.h -> .sh) is a simple typo that has been fixed in the WIP for the next labs update (soon).

In the first case I have no idea of what you are raising. In the script $iosched is not a script name, it is a list of possible ioschedulers, which depends on kernel version and configuration (such as noop, cfq, deadline etc.) and so there is not any error there.

• I was just trying to suggest that the ioscript.sh should be named lab_iosched.sh as referenced in the material, for consistency sake. As I said, it's not a huge deal, but just figured I'd bring it up.

• coop

I don't mean to be pedantic, but there is nothing called ioscript.sh anywhere and there is no iosched.sh (it is always lab_iosched.sh), at least in every copy I have access to. So it is not in my sources anywhere or in any of the lab pdf files. I searched

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886
    edited July 2020

@coop The files @richardahumesii is refering to are uploaded directly in TI and can be downloaded from the Resources tab. We will make the correction to be in line with the lab exercises, so it does not cause any further confusion.

@richardahumesii Usually students download all files from the Solutions tar file in all the years this course has been live, even in the previous version, the name of the file uploaded directly in the course has never caused any issues or discussions until now.

• @fcioanca It doesn't have to be an issue. Just thought I would attempt to be helpful, and was thinking of other individuals that might have issue with it.

Also, can I ask if I should refrain from throwing out these suggestions / typo fixes as I go through the material? I don't want to cause strife, nor step out of line.

Thanks

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886

@richardahumesii The file that can be downloaded from the Resources was updated this week. Please continue to let us know if you find other issues.

• coop

Pointing out errors and typos etc are welcome. It helps us to continuously improve the course. Changes in phrasing are sometimes less welcome as we all read things a little different. In this case, the file it turns out has had the wrong name for years probably, since whenever the underlying file had its name changed, and noone noticed or had a problem with it. Your notice caused us to review all such files in the course in the update that just came out to make sure they all had the same content and matched the ones in the "SOLUTIONS" tar ball, which are always the correct ones. So you are not stepping out of line at all.

Categories

Upcoming Training