Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 10: Error 'Error: listen tcp 127.0.0.1:9443: bind: address already in use' displayed when start

I am following lab10 steps to start ca server and i always get error Error: listen tcp 127.0.0.1:9443: bind: address already in use'
Tried to pass -p 8080, many steps to kill the process and as well as passing --address flag, but i always get the same error.

Please help to complete the lab.

Thanks in Advance,
Ravikumar.

Comments

• Niklaskkkk
    Niklaskkkk Posts: 113

@Ravikumar_G said:
    I am following lab10 steps to start ca server and i always get error Error: listen tcp 127.0.0.1:9443: bind: address already in use'
    Tried to pass -p 8080, many steps to kill the process and as well as passing --address flag, but i always get the same error.

Please help to complete the lab.

Thanks in Advance,
    Ravikumar.

Hi @Ravikumar_G , this is probably because your port 9443 is already in use by another container. Try "sudo netstat -pna | grep 9443"

It might be the docker container you are running the ca commands from, that is currently using that port. Check with the above command and "docker ps -a".

• tried with sudo netstat -pna | grep 9443, but no resullt. docker ps -a results list of containers, but none of them listens to above address.

Categories

Upcoming Training