Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Zoom Meetings

Hi,

I just joined the Cloud Engineer Boot Camp but doing LFS101 first as I have no IT background at all.
Is it stlll useful to join the ZOOM meetings daily?

Answers

• luisviveropena
    luisviveropena Posts: 1,142

Hi @Karin, I think you can take a look to a couple, and then decide if it's useful for you. In the Zoom meetings there are new and experienced people to Linux, so don't be afraid.

Many regards,
    Luis.

• @luisviveropena said:
    Hi @Karin, I think you can take a look to a couple, and then decide if it's useful for you. In the Zoom meetings there are new and experienced people to Linux, so don't be afraid.

Many regards,
    Luis.

Hi @luisviveropena Sorry to post here but I think my question is related to this. According to the suggested calendar I downloaded it says that LFS201 is covered from week 1 - 4 and then LFS211 from week 5 - 9. So on the zoom meetings I see that Fridays is Kubernetes day but according to the calendar that should be taking place around Weeks 19 - 23.

I know is self paced but I believe that zoom meetings should be very helpful to interacts and maybe resolve doubts so not sure how this is working because Kubernetes on Friday means we should be covering that content too? Thank you.

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000

Hello,

The bootcamps have ongoing registration. Meaning that this week new people will start. Next week new people will start and so forth. As the whole program just began, most people will be working on LFS201 at the moment. Soon everyone will be working on a different course at a different place. Some just finishing the last class, some just beginning the first one.

Also, the suggested calendar is just that, a suggestion. To help you program your time to complete all the classes in an orderly fashion and not try to rush through as the year ends.

Regards,

• luisviveropena
    luisviveropena Posts: 1,142

Hi @mainormainor ,

From the beginning there were people interested on Kubernetes. For the rest of courses, the most of people are kind of new to Linux, so they requested to work on LFS201 in the beginning. But the sake of people interested on K8 we kept Fridays for this purpose.

Are you participating of the office hours, or watching them after the sessions?

Many regards,
    Luis.

• @luisviveropena said:
    Hi @mainormainor ,

From the beginning there were people interested on Kubernetes. For the rest of courses, the most of people are kind of new to Linux, so they requested to work on LFS201 in the beginning. But the sake of people interested on K8 we kept Fridays for this purpose.

Are you participating of the office hours, or watching them after the sessions?

Many regards,
    Luis.

Hi @luisviveropena Yes I am checking them after sessions as it's a bit complicated for me to attend in the morning.

Thanks for your reply.

Categories

Upcoming Training