Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

different between linux 5.2 and 5.3?

dear;

good day to you.

im very new to linux and there are some questions i would like to get information from here and would appreciate if you can guide me through.

i'm having production running linux 5.2. mostly this production is using linux scripting and informix 4gl programming. what if my test and development server upgraded to version 5.3, do you think there is impact to my production if i compile my linux scripting and information 4gl program in linux 5.3 and execute it in linux 5.2?

please, your help is greatly appreciated.

thanks and regards

Comments

• Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    Is your server running Centos 5.2, and are you asking if you upgrade it to 5.3 will you have problems? If this is the case it would depend on the requirements of informix 4gl itself. This is the home page for IBM informix:
    http://www-01.ibm.com/software/data/informix/
    There is no mention of 4gl, unless someone here is familiar with the product, maybe you should contact IBM.
    That, of course, is if I guessed your original question correctly.
  • woboyle
    woboyle Posts: 501
    If you are referring to either Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5.x or CentOS 5.x, then there should not be any issues with it. The differences are minor and I had no problems with the upgrade. I've just this week upgraded to 5.4 and still have not issues with existing software. However, before you do an upgrade like this, it is a good idea to make a bit-image copy of your system disc(s) in case there are issues, so you can efficiently revert it back.

Categories

Upcoming Training