Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Not loading the driver properly

Options

Hi,

I am facing new problem with my system. Two operating systems (windowsXP and Ubuntu) were installed my system and both are working fine. Suddenly today i am not able to select the required operating system once the grub listed both the operating systems, because my keybord is not working to select the required operating system. By default it is selecting Ubuntu and after booting keyboard is working. Can anyone please help me to solve this problem..

Comments

• Goineasy9
    Goineasy9 Posts: 1,114
    Options
    Kumar
    Do you have another keyboard you can try? Your grub most likely has Ubuntu as the default so it will come up if you keyboard is not active during boot. Your computer, now, all of a sudden not recognizing the keyboard, points to a hardware problem. Ubuntu has alternative drivers available, and is choosing one that works during startup. I've never had a keyboard not work on the grub screen, then work after startup.
    First thing I would do is shut down the machine and pull keyboard plug out, then, reinsert it. Is it a ps2 or usb keyboard? If a usb keyboard, how about trying a different usb port.

Just thinking...tell us how you make out.
  • mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    Options
    If it is a usb keyboard, then there is a chance that the usb keyboard option in your bios has been disabled. To fix that you need a keyboard that works so you can go into bios and correct it.
  • ravi.chakram
    Options
    I am sorry, I did one mistake. It is not a usb keyboard. I connected the keyboard cable to mouse port at the back side of CPU. After seeing your reply i unplugged the keyboard cable at that time i observed that it was connected to mouse port. After connecting this cable to keyboard port it is working fine while booting. Many thanks for your message. Actually after seeing your message only i observed that.

I have one dought here. After booting keyboard is working fine in both the ports ( In both keyboard and mouse ports), but while booting it is not working in the moue port.

Categories

Upcoming Training