Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Printer problem with Feren OS

First, I am an absolute newbie to Linux (very proficient in Windows). I am not sure whether or not I am in the right place for this help (if not, maybe someone can help direct me). I am sick of Windows 10 for all of the obvious reasons and have just started experimenting with Linux. On my Win 10 machine I have installed both VmWare Player 15 and Virtual Box 6.1. On both VM's I have installed both Linux Mint 15.3 and Feren OS 2020.04 (4 total installs, each OS on each VM) and have the same issue. My printer is a Brother MFC-J6930DW set up as a hard wired Network printer. For all 4 installs I have downloaded and installed the Brother Linux driver, On both installs of Mint the printer works fine. On both of the Feren installs the printer shows up fine, but when I try to print I do not get any errors, but nothing prints (no response at all from printer). If I go into the printer que it shows all print jobs completed, but with a 0 page count. Again, same Win 10 host, same iso's, same settings, and printer works fine on both Mint installs and not on either Feren install, so I don't think the VM is causing the issue. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• brewster
    brewster Posts: 2

I forgot to mention above that I have installed all updates and upgrades and the latest version on VMWare tools.

Categories

Upcoming Training