Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 9.4 : The quota only takes effect if there is also a resource limit in effect.

I don't think it is true. I was able to run the pods and create the pvc even when the resource limit was not in place for the namespace
Could someone Please clarify this.

Comments

• Hi @calvin19,

The statement at step 34 means that the limits defined by the resourcequota object (from storage-quota.yaml) are enforced only in conjunction with a limitrange object (from low-resource-range.yaml).

Was your experience different in this exercise?

Regards,
    -Chris

• Yes, I could create the PVC even when the limitrange was not in effect. So i believe limitrange object does not need to exist to enforce resourcequota

• This statement seemed also strange to me, so I tested it as well and I can confirm the same, as reported by @calvin19: without creating the LimitRange in the namespace the ResourceQuota prevented the creation of the PersistentVolumeClaim.

This statement is in 8.4 chapter, step 34. of the current lab document (V 2023-06-22). Kubernetes Server version v1.27.4.

Please fix the LAB document, or explain what is actually meant by this statement. As it is quite confusing and seems false information.

Categories

Upcoming Training