Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab3 Error can't read the block: &{NOT_FOUND}

root@8a8c2b2100f1:/opt/gopath/src/github.com/hyperledger/fabric# peer channel fetch oldest allarewelcome.block -c allarewelcome --orderer orderer.example.com:7050

2019-12-16 23:44:18.741 UTC [channelCmd] InitCmdFactory -> INFO 001 Endorser and orderer connections initialized
2019-12-16 23:44:18.743 UTC [cli.common] readBlock -> INFO 002 Got status: &{NOT_FOUND}
Error: can't read the block: &{NOT_FOUND}

What am i doing wrong? I fix one error just to find another.

Comments

• @etrelz said:
    root@8a8c2b2100f1:/opt/gopath/src/github.com/hyperledger/fabric# peer channel fetch oldest allarewelcome.block -c allarewelcome --orderer orderer.example.com:7050

2019-12-16 23:44:18.741 UTC [channelCmd] InitCmdFactory -> INFO 001 Endorser and orderer connections initialized
    2019-12-16 23:44:18.743 UTC [cli.common] readBlock -> INFO 002 Got status: &{NOT_FOUND}

What am i doing wrong? I fix one error just to find another.

Hi, is this peer0 or peer1?
    did you run the ./bootstrap.sh script when you started the network? Then peer0 should automatically join the channel.

If you did not run the script, check your starterFiles ==> config folder, see if the allarewelcome.tx file is there. If it is not, then the channel has not been created yet.

You can also check the orderer log by typing docker logs --details ordererID

• etrelz
    etrelz Posts: 29

Thank you. made it through Lab 3.. and guess what another error. lol i'll read through the other threads to see if someone else had this error.

• @etrelz In case you are still facing this issue, this is how i solved it.
    1. Ran startup.sh, so that recreated the channel allarewelcome (and deleted all the existing peer containers)
    2. For both the peer definitions in docker-compose.yml file, i changed image: hyperledger/fabric-peer to image: hyperledger/fabric-peer:1.4.4
    After starting the peer containers, i was able to fetch the genesis block for allarewelcome channel, as also able to join it.
    Hope that helps!

• @manjushaawasthi
    it was a good advice, still in my case did not resolve it.
    After logging into the peer1, the command:
    peer channel fetch oldest allarewelcome.block -c allarewelcome --orderer orderer.example.com:7050

gets me an error:
    2020-01-24 03:05:58.059 UTC [channelCmd] InitCmdFactory -> INFO 001 Endorser and orderer connections initialized
    2020-01-24 03:05:58.061 UTC [cli.common] readBlock -> INFO 002 Got status: &{NOT_FOUND}

• @LasToronto said:
    @manjushaawasthi
    peer channel fetch oldest allarewelcome.block -c allarewelcome --orderer orderer.example.com:7050

gets me an error:
    2020-01-24 03:05:58.059 UTC [channelCmd] InitCmdFactory -> INFO 001 Endorser and orderer connections initialized
    2020-01-24 03:05:58.061 UTC [cli.common] readBlock -> INFO 002 Got status: &{NOT_FOUND}

Hi @LasToronto ,
    Please go into the orderer container and check its log, maybe there is an connection error.

Also, please check that the channel allarewelcome is actually up and running. You can see that in the orderer log as well.

If both connection is fine & channel running, there migth be an issue with peer1 authorization. Please type 'printenv' inside peer1 container, and check that all environment variables are set correctly.

I hope this helps. If not, let me know!

• @LasToronto said:
    @manjushaawasthi

gets me an error:

Also, @LasToronto , seems like you are inside the CLI container when you try the fetch command. You should do this from the Peer1 container. Hope that helps.

• @Niklaskkkk
    I issued the command from the Peer1.

• @Niklaskkkk what does it make you think that I am in the CLI container?

• @LasToronto said:
    @Niklaskkkk
    I issued the command from the Peer1.

Hi @LasToronto , did you make it work? If not, what did the orderer log tell you? Also, check the Peer1 container log & please post both logs here, I will try to help you.

Maybe also try to reset your network first, by doing:
    ./teardown.sh
    ./bootstrap.sh

Let me know how it goes.

• garycris
    garycris Posts: 13

Spent a lot of time on this. Ultimately, the resolution was in the post above by manjushaawasthi, which was to change the peer image to HLF 1.4.4

• moolkothari
    moolkothari Posts: 3
    edited July 2020

I faced same issue, it happens whenever we clean the network, I resolve this issue by

go to Peer0 and create channel again
    $ peer channel create -o orderer.example.com:7050 -c allarewelcome -f /etc/hyperledger/configtx/allarewelcome.tx
    $ peer0.org1.example.com peer channel join -b allarewelcome.block

go to Peer1 and join the channel
    $ peer channel fetch oldest allarewelcome.block -c allarewelcome --orderer orderer.example.com:7050
    $ peer channel join -b allarewelcome.block

This works from rather than running bootstrap.sh every time.

• @moolkothari said:
    I faced same issue, it happens whenever we clean the network, I resolve this issue by

$ peer channel create -o orderer.example.com:7050 -c allarewelcome -f /etc/hyperledger/configtx/allarewelcome.tx

$ peer channel fetch oldest allarewelcome.block -c allarewelcome --orderer orderer.example.com:7050

@moolkothari I followed the same, created the channel again, fetch and join channel in peer0 and for peer1 - fetch genesis block and join channel.

• Niklaskkkk
    Niklaskkkk Posts: 113

@moolkothari said:

Great suggestion @moolkothari . you can also adjust these commands inside the startup script. I did this during the tutorials, so basically the only command I had to run was startup, to restart the network (but remember to comment out generation of new keys etc since it is just demo netowork)

Categories

Upcoming Training