Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab2 allarewelcome.block error

Can not fetch the block 'allarewelcome.block' from peer1 as it gives [cli.common] readBlock -> INFO 002 Got status: &{NOT_FOUND} Error: can't read the block: &{NOT_FOUND} error. peer0 joined mychannel channel. No channel named allarewelcome. I can not find anywhere, we generate a channel block named 'allarewelcome' either. Please help me overcome this step. Thank you!

Comments

• Hi @indirajith!

I had the same problem and I will describe what helped me, maybe is the same solution.

When you do lab 1, you execute the script startup.sh. Inside this script there is a instruction to download another script called bootstrap.sh.

Besides other things, startup.sh executes bootstrap.sh and later on deletes it. What bootstrap.sh does follows:

• Generate initial crypto material.
    • Generate genesis block.
    • Generate channel transaction for "allarewelcome".
    • Create the channel.
    • Join peer0 to the channel.

If for example, generating or creating the channel fails, you will not know right away. In addition to that bootstrap.sh is deleted, so you get confused if you don't check if every instruction was successful.

What I did was:

• Downloaded again bootstrap.sh and was executing and understanding each instruction making sure that it happened correctly. If everything works you're going to have the allarewelcome artifact.

Try this and let me know.

• indirajith
    indirajith Posts: 44

Thank you very much, @hanesoliveira. instead of running the startup.sh shell script I just run all the commands one by one manually and now everything works perfectly. Thank you very much again for the help. I understand how it works now. But still, need more knowledge on handling the crypto keys in MSP.

• My pleasure @indirajith!

Handling the crypto keys is sometimes confusing. So, to help myself understand better I created a personal parallel project where I was not relying on preconfigured Docker images. I created a CA from scratch and started to produce crypto materials one by one. That helped me a lot to get a grasp on the CA side.

But honestly, I am still struggling with some relations between MSP IDs, crypto material and configurations. Don't get me wrong, I have been studying a lot in the last months and have read many papers after the original one proposed by IBM. So, don't feel alone in this journey.

Good luck!

• indirajith
    indirajith Posts: 44

@hanesoliveira Can you please share some information on what CA did you use to practice or some pointers where I could do the same? Thanks in advance.

• Niklaskkkk
    Niklaskkkk Posts: 113

@indirajith said:
    @hanesoliveira Can you please share some information on what CA did you use to practice or some pointers where I could do the same? Thanks in advance.

As was wondering the same, would appreciate any input on how to start this journey myself @hanesoliveira :)

• Niklaskkkk
    Niklaskkkk Posts: 113

Hi @indirajith & @hanesoliveira
    I also now tried to execute the commands in the bootstrap.sh script manually, and they work fine except one thing - where to I set the "-profile OneOrgChannel" parameter?

If I try the commands with the parameter I receive an error that the PATH is wrong (I did set export FABRIC_CFG_PATH to PWD rearlier).

If I execute commands without the -profile parameter (~/Desktop/fabric-samples/startFiles$ docker exec cli configtxgen -outputAnchorPeersUpdate ./config/Org1MSPanchors.tx -channelID allarewelcome
    ) then I receive the following error: 2019-07-04 09:54:52.957 UTC [common.tools.configtxgen] main -> FATA 007 Error on inspectChannelCreateTx: Must specify an organization to update the anchor peer for

• Hi @indirajith and @Niklaskkkk!

First of all, sorry for the huge delay. I am working on my thesis and have been absent for a while. Maybe the answers doesn't matter anymore, but I can share my experiments with you.

I created some docker images based on Ubuntu and therefore that helped me understand better the process on the CA, Peer and Orderer. The images are:

hanesoliveira/fabric-ca (docker pull hanesoliveira/fabric-ca)
    hanesoliveira/fabric-peer (docker pull hanesoliveira/fabric-peer)
    hanesoliveira/fabric-orderer (docker pull hanesoliveira/fabric-orderer)

On the docker hub page for the CA, for example, I've put some instructions on how you can start it. Try it out and let me know:

https://cloud.docker.com/repository/docker/hanesoliveira/fabric-ca

• I seem to also be running into this problem. I have to say I am very disappointed in this course so far as the PDFs make the labs take forever trying to get the yaml formatted correctly due to the way PDF reader is displaying plus a lot of typos in the commands.

• I seem to also be running into this problem. I have to say I am very disappointed in this course so far as the PDFs make the labs take forever trying to get the yaml formatted correctly due to the way PDF reader is displaying these things

Categories

Upcoming Training