Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Where is the rest of Lab 28.3 (Virtual Machine from CLI)

I'm looking at Lab Exercise 28.3, Installing a VM from Command Line, and it appears to not be formatted to show up on the PDF correctly. Is anyone having this issue? I'm using Chrome on Ubuntu 18.04

Answers

• Hi @mglassman ,

It's like the parameters on the second line are not well formatted. I'll check on it and I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Regards,
    Luis.

• coop
    coop Posts: 915

$ sudo qemu-system-x86_64 -hda /var/lib/libvirtd/myimg.qcow2 \
    -cdrom /teaching/LFCW/RESOURCES/\course/CorePlus-current.iso -usbdevice tablet

should be the full command. An error cut of the full command, wlll fix some time in future :)

• Okay so now that I've gotten to actually doing this exercise. The first command when creating the myimg.qcow2 returns a "Could not create file: no such file or directory. I'm on Ubuntu 18.04

• coop
    coop Posts: 915

$ sudo qemu-system-x86_64 -hda /var/lib/libvirtd/myimg.qcow2 \
    -cdrom /teaching/LFCW/RESOURCES/LFS201/CorePlus-current.iso -usbdevice tablet

Please note that "\course" was a macro that should have expanded to "LFS201" -- sorry for the confusion if that is causing your problem. I cut and paste from a file that is used in more than one place so there is a macro for course number

Categories

Upcoming Training