Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Course content

2»

Comments

• b10s
    b10s Posts: 45

@chrispokorni should I start separate topic for each question and send typos here or somehow else ?

--export
    if you have already created object, can we apply dry run to it ?

My question was not to expose curl calls but about course content which says - kubectl makes curl calls for you internally. Even with verbosity it generates curl command I was not able to find curl calls in kubectl. Does kubectl do curl calls for me when I run it?

The commands which you can see on screens do not work if you type them. Did you try?

About 80 port. Please double check. Last step does not change anything: endpoint still the same port but internally container listens on 80 instead of 8080. At this exercise after changing port from 80 to 8080 no checks, no further explanation. Can you tell me why we have to change port from 80 to 8080 ?

Reviewed. Was no able to find LoadBalancer. Can you share with me, which exercises was with LoadBalancer?

• b10s
    edited September 2019

and the next page as well

• b10s
    edited September 2019

9.10, PV name is invalid due to The PersistentVolume "10Gpv01" is invalid: metadata.name: Invalid value: "10Gpv01": a DNS-1123 subdomain must consist of lower case alphanumeric characters, '-' or '.', and must start and end with an alphanumeric character (e.g. 'example.com', regex used for validation is '[a-z0-9]([-a-z0-9]*[a-z0-9])?(\.[a-z0-9]([-a-z0-9]*[a-z0-9])?)*')

• b10s

9.13b creates a secret with one name but 9.14 consumes from another. A bit confusing

• coop
    coop Posts: 915

Hi: I don't directly participate in this forum, it is not my course, but I would suggest you cut down the frequency of your posts. This is not a tech support hot line and it kinds of intterupts and takes a lot of the moderators time to look at multiple posts per day as you proceed through the material, plus many questions may get well answered if you think a little later, or do more offline research as you would in real day to day work. As far as typos go you can accumulate them.

I know if I were the moderator I would simply put a significant delay in responding to anything if the frequency was this high.

Just a suggestion and thanks for being so diligent and careful.

• b10s
    edited September 2019

@coop thank you for the advice, no problems. I'm posting all my questions and typos into this thread as I meet it immediately. It's just convenient for me.

It is good to have support from community or course authors a bit faster, yes, I would agree but it is still okay. The most important is to fix all typos and clarify all no clear things so future customers will get it better.

Can send all typos to pm or somehow else privately to one of moderator and keep posting here only questions, so it will be good for customers to read questions and less damage for the course reputation.

• b10s

Why do you call it self-signed ?

• Response to the old thread:
    "Was no able to find LoadBalancer. Can you share with me, which exercises was with LoadBalancer?"

We created LoadBalancer at Exercise 3.5.

Categories

Upcoming Training