Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 1 - manifest for hyperledger/fabric-baseos:1.4.0 not found

Hello,
I get the following error when running this command in Lab1:

==> FABRIC IMAGE: baseos

Error response from daemon: manifest for hyperledger/fabric-baseos:1.4.0 not found
Error response from daemon: No such image: hyperledger/fabric-baseos:1.4.0
==> FABRIC IMAGE: nodeenv

Error response from daemon: manifest for hyperledger/fabric-nodeenv:1.4.0 not found
Error response from daemon: No such image: hyperledger/fabric-nodeenv:1.4.0

Also, there are many similar error messages and typos in the lab1 document. Could you please maintain the document so it is up to date?

Thanks

Comments

• Niklaskkkk
    Niklaskkkk Posts: 113

When I then try to run ./startup.sh it starts the network but then cancels with the message "./startup.sh: the file or folder does not exist"
    Resulting in the peer node & fabric-ca cointainers existing, only the orderer node running.

Why in all days are there so many errors in the course content...please update the course material to match newer versions of fabric releases....

• sksong
    sksong Posts: 12

@Niklaskkkk you need to follow the lab in instruction to wget the startup.sh file

• Niklaskkkk

@sksong said:
    @Niklaskkkk you need to follow the lab in instruction to wget the startup.sh file

Hi, I did.

However, when I curl down the folder fabric-samples I get the following error message:

Error response from daemon: manifest for hyperledger/fabric-baseos:1.4.0 not found

Error response from daemon: manifest for hyperledger/fabric-nodeenv:1.4.0 not found

Then I wget the startup.sh file and when I run the startup file the same error message appears, then the application quits:

• Niklaskkkk

For those who have the same issue, it was due to an older version of Docker (installed months ago), so there were two versions of docker running in parallel.

• d8bhatta
    d8bhatta Posts: 1

Couple of points to consider to fix this issue:
    1. Get latest updated docker and docker compose
    2. Kill all existing docker containers and images
    3. Download fabric
    4. Run generate.sh and start.sh, this should up the network properly. I finally found this way working after spending number of hours to fix the issue.

Categories

Upcoming Training