Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 16.2 questions, flow and step 9.

Options

Hi,

Lab 16.2 is pretty hard to understand in general. It is pretty hard to follow exactly what I'm doing and why I'm doing it. I think the lecture could use some more pictures of flow.

I'm not sure what docs on Kubernetes.io I can reference on the exam. I know I won't be able to remember all the openssl commands like that. Any help or keywords that I should b using for the search would help.

Now on the step 9

kubectl --context=DevDan-context get pods
Error in configuration:
unable to read client-cert /home/student/DevDan.crt for DevDan due to open /home/student/DevDan.crt: no such file or directory
unable to read client-key /home/student/DevDan.key for DevDan due to open /home/student/DevDan.key: no such file or directory

I don't think it tells you to create a /home/student directory anywhere or maybe it is because I'm using GCP in my own VMs?
I then created the /home/student directory and copied the DevDan* over and it seems to work.

In Step 6 it is mentioned but not clear that you should move the certs to another directory.
Going forward I think to make the class better, maybe add another step showing that you need to create the /home/student and move the cert there. Just a suggestion.

For someone like me that doesn't have a good cert background I was stuck on this for a little bit.

Comments

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,165
    Options

Hi @btanoue,

Read thru the handbook, FAQs, and exam tips on the CNCF CKA site as they provide details as far as what is allowed on the exam, curriculum, expectations, rules, etc. When it comes to searching, you can use any keyword relevant to the question or exercise at hand.

Lab 16.2 assumes you are working out of your own home directory. The output in the lab manual shows the output with the home directory of the course author, in this case, it was /home/student. Your home directory will be different unless you setup a 'student' user account on your GCE instances and you are logged in as the 'student' user.

Regards,
    -Chris

Categories

Upcoming Training