Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Linux Malformed entry 51

I'm getting an error E: Malformed entry 51 in list file /etc/apt/sources.list (URI parse)... how do i fix this? i'm not able to finish Environment setup and Fabric Installation.

Comments

• sksong
    sksong Posts: 12

you are using ubuntu or mac ? what command you issue to cause this prob ?

• etrelz
    etrelz Posts: 29

Thank you for your reply. I'm using Oracle VM VirtualBox Linux Ubuntu. I'm following the steps in Lab 1. and when i enter this command i get the E: response...sudo add-apt-repository "deb [arch=amd64] https://download.docker.com/linux/ubuntu​ $(lsb_release -cs) stable" . I have deleted and reinstalled a VM and when i get to this step i get the error message.

• etrelz
    etrelz Posts: 29

i deleted the VM again and this time is skipped "sudo apt -y upgrade" and for whatever reason i did not get the error as noted above. Thank you.

• sksong

If you ref to LAB 1 , install the docker, some command error in the pdf. you need to ref to docker hub to install

• kmyatt
    kmyatt Posts: 39

Hi guys, If either of you are still receiving an error ,please provide a more detailed description of what happening, because I'm having a bit of trouble following the issue at the moment. @sksong You mentioned in error in Lab 1..can you explain where? Shouldn't be any, but please allow me to check by reproducing your issue.

• sksong

@kmyatt for LAB 1 , on the installing curl command
    sudo apt install apt-transport-https ca-certificates gnpg-agent software-properties-common
    i facing an issue
    E: Unable to locate package gnpg-agent
    then i use the command from docker hub
    sudo apt-get install \
    apt-transport-https \
    ca-certificates \
    curl \
    gnupg-agent \
    software-properties-common

• kmyatt

yes, there seems to be a 'u' missing the gnupg which is why youre receiving that error. I will check with the Documents and get that updated

• sksong

@kmyatt Please help to check others LAB command also, i find out
    this command docker-compose -f docker-compose.yml up \ -d peer0.org1.example.com peer1.org1.example.com cli
    in LAB2 also cause error.
    Or i have miss some package in unbuntu i didnt install ?
    Please guide.
    thanks

• fcioanca
    fcioanca Posts: 1,886
    edited May 2019

Hi @sksong, be careful with how you copy/paste the commands, as it may cause errors. For example, the command you mentioned: docker-compose -f docker-compose.yml up \ -d peer0.org1.example.com peer1.org1.example.com cli should actually be

docker-compose -f docker-compose.yml up \
    -d peer0.org1.example.com peer1.org1.example.com cli

just like it appears in the pdf. If you use one long line, you do have to remove "\". We noticed that if you open the lab pdf in a separate tab and copy commands from the tab (without downloading the lab), your command will pe copied incorrectly (just as you pasted above). If you download the pdf on your machine, open it and copy from it, it will display correctly, on two lines, just as it shows in the document.

I hope this helps and will prevent other errors from occurring.

• sksong

Yes i have seperate it in 2 lines , but unfortunetely the result the same, cant bring up the peer1

docker-compose -f docker-compose.yml up \

-d peer0.org1.example.com peer1.org1.example.com cli

WARNING: The COMPOSE_PROJECT_NAME variable is not set. Defaulting to a blank string.
    orderer.example.com is up-to-date
    cli is up-to-date
    Starting peer1.org1.example.com ...
    Starting peer1.org1.example.com ... done
    linus@ubuntu:~/Desktop/fabric-samples/startFiles$ docker ps
    CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
    2bb429e435d9 hyperledger/fabric-tools "/bin/bash" 17 hours ago Up 15 hours cli
    c0599fc788c0 hyperledger/fabric-peer "peer node start" 22 hours ago Up 15 hours 0.0.0.0:7051->7051/tcp, 0.0.0.0:7053->7053/tcp peer0.org1.example.com
    259f4c2abecc hyperledger/fabric-orderer "orderer" 22 hours ago Up 15 hours 0.0.0.0:7050->7050/tcp orderer.example.com
    linus@ubuntu:~/Desktop/fabric-samples/startFiles$ docker exec -it peer1.org1.example.com bash
    Error response from daemon: Container 27838bdfe48fa2bba8107e33899f4e14fc2d106d789a280446a128f6e3f7fb6e is not running

Which place i should check so that i can bring up the node ?

• kmyatt

Can you post the actual logs of peer1.org1.example.com please? so I can see what specifically your issue is

• kmyatt

Nevermind, I see from your other post that you were able to move past your issue

Categories

Upcoming Training