Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Lab 5.3 PersistentVolumeClaim YAML wrong

The weblog-pvc.yaml snippet in the Lab 5.3 step 5 seems to incorrectly duplicate weblog-pv.yaml for the PersistentVolume, rather than being a PersistentVolumeClaim:

Comments

• chrispokorni
    chrispokorni Posts: 2,155

Thanks for pointing this out @ronniegane, it will be fixed in a future course update release.
    Regards,
    -Chris

• The correct YAML file can be found in ~/lfd259/SOLUTIONS/s_05/EXAMPLES/weblog-pvc.yaml

Yikes, what a mess! Many errors in this chapters lab materials. I would likely be reprimanded heartily if I submitted work with so many blatant and simple errors. All the course developers would have to do is take their own course once to figure out that at many points the material is almost uncompletable in the state it is in currently. A disclaimer should be added at the beginning of the course that makes the user aware that this is in a beta release state, and errors may exist within the lab directions.

• serewicz
    serewicz Posts: 1,000

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. With a fast changing course there are often changes, which we do work to keep up with. A recent change in the format has introduced some hiccups. If you have a specific issue please do let us know so we can make sure to address it. I will be reviewing the content, on step at a time.

Regards,

Categories

Upcoming Training