Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

gcc upgrade

Hi ,

I want to upgrade my gcc. Can any one please help me to upgrade my gcc.

Thanks

Kumar

Comments

• mfillpot
    mfillpot Posts: 2,177
    what linux distribution (name and version) and what version of gcc are you currently using?
  • what is GCC Mr. MFILLPOT?
  • mfillpot
    deatharte wrote:
    what is GCC Mr. MFILLPOT?

gcc - GNU project C and C++ compiler
  • Please see the gcc version and os version.

Room:~ # gcc -v
    Using built-in specs.
    Target: i586-suse-linux
    Configured with: ../configure --enable-threads=posix --prefix=/usr --with-local-prefix=/usr/local --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --libdir=/usr/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --enable-languages=c,c++,objc,fortran,java,ada --enable-checking=release --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.1.0 --enable-ssp --disable-libssp --enable-java-awt=gtk --enable-gtk-cairo --disable-libjava-multilib --with-slibdir=/lib --with-system-zlib --enable-shared --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-libstdcxx-allocator=new --without-system-libunwind --with-cpu=generic --host=i586-suse-linux
    Thread model: posix
    gcc version 4.1.0 (SUSE Linux)
    Room:~ # uname -a
    Linux Room 2.6.16.21-0.8-smp #1 SMP Mon Jul 3 18:25:39 UTC 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
    Room:~ #
  • mfillpot
    have you attempted to go into the package manager and installing the most recent version of gcc that is listed?
  • Actually i installed the Suse few days back in my system and i am new to Suse, could please tell me a bit more about how to do using package manager.
  • mfillpot
    Please tell me whta verson of SUSE you have installed so I can set it up as a virtual machine to further assist you?
  • I installed Suse Linux Dedsktop 10.

Categories

Upcoming Training